🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Account was hacked
Page options
afzal-khan
Community Member

Upwork Account was hacked

Hi Friends

On 29th June, one new client sent me a zip file, asking me to review the requirements and give the cost and time estimate
I tried to open the zip, but it was curropted.

I informed the client, but there was no response from him

Few days after, i received an alert from upwork that the zip file may have a malware, please scan your PC
I scanned using the recommended antivirus, but found nothing and there was nothing suspicious on my PC

Then on 7th July, i got a message that my credit card was used to purchase upwork services for 29.99 USD
I immediately opened my PC, there was an email from upwork that My registered email id was changed
I tried to login, but it said that password is incorrect

I immediately contacted upwork support and asked them to secure my account
They did, then they asked me for identity verufication , i did that and after that on 12th july they gave access of my account to me, they specifically written this:
"Your account is unlocked but the financial transactions are temporarily suspended. To remove the pending financial suspension, please update your security question and enroll in a form of multifactor authentication which will further secure your account from unauthorized access. "

I added the 2FA , google authenticator, SMS and Upwork APP prompt
and also added the security question and informed them 
But since 12th july , its been 18 days, despite multiple reminders
I didnt get any response from upwork, neither my financial account hold is lifted

I amworking as usual, i am delivering wortk, clients are paying, i am talkling to them
but i cannot withdraw

I wanted to ask, why it is taking so long, or if anything else is needed on my part, but there is abosolute silence, zero response from upwork on this matter
I dont have any idea, whats going on

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Afzal,

I can see that one of the team members handling your case has reached out to you via email with instructions on how to resolve your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with the team through this ticket or the same email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members