🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Bonus
Page options
2b7dd651
Community Member

Upwork Bonus

Hi, I have some questions:
1. Why bonus is pending?
2. While the bonus was pending, can the client re-take it?
3. Can the bonus (that was pending) be error/failed?
Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Truong Cong Hien,

As long as there are no problems with the client's billing method, these manual earnings, minus Upwork fees, will become available after the five-day security period. If the client fails to pay for the bonus, they'll be notified and that's when they can reprocess the transaction.

Please be aware that Bonus payments do not qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection.

~ Arjay
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

uh oh. Is this the one for a client just starting Upwork yesterday and paying you $130/hour for 1 hour with your $10/hour posted profile rate? Somehow the contract is $4300 from the one hour? I assume this is the bonus? Danger Will Robinson. If you haven't sent the money, you better avoid avoid avoid. 

rekasesh
Community Member

How on earth did the money get reflected so soon? 

Who pays so much money in one shot to someone new to the platform? 

Even paid milestones on ongoing contracts take a couple of days before appearing on my profile. 

Questions, questions, questions...

lysis10
Community Member

Rekha S wrote:

How on earth did the money get reflected so soon? 

Who pays so much money in one shot to someone new to the platform? 

Even paid milestones on ongoing contracts take a couple of days before appearing on my profile. 

Questions, questions, questions...

Cuz they are scamming him. It's just the same scam always. I give you money from a card that won't go through and you send me the money in bitcoin. He probably posted here because he has the feels it's a scam but went through with it anyway.

rekasesh
Community Member

You're probably right. He is being scammed as we speak.

But this whole payment setup also reminds me of the digital "human" couriers that money launderers use in India. Could Upwork be their new site for this?

lysis10
Community Member

Rekha S wrote:

You're probably right. He is being scammed as we speak.

But this whole payment setup also reminds me of the digital "human" couriers that money launderers use in India. Could Upwork be their new site for this?

I assume you mean mules, but yeah they have them in the US too. Not sure if Upwork would be considered a mule. It's a target for laundering and in this case getting money out of stolen credit cards on an irreversible transaction. OP hasn't come back, but he's about to be in a world of hurt if he doesn't believe me or paid it out before asking.

yofazza
Community Member

Be very cautious in this scam-infested place.

To answer your questions:

1. If there's a date, it's in the security period. If not, the charge did not succeed (yet).
  2. Not re-take, but see #1.
  3. See #1 as well. I'd also like to add that even after the money is released, it can still be "cancelled", and Upwork will put your balance in the red if you've withdrawn it already. 😁
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members