Page options
e402f564
Community Member

Upwork Hourly Protection

Hello,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Interesting. It is rare to see an advance fee scammer who actually hired, usually they don't do that. It might be that upwork does not consider typing pdf to word a skill, since it's just copy/paste. 

It would be good to know if they gave you a specific reason why you are not covered by payment protection. It could also be the much higher rate than your profile rate, which also is hinting at something nefarious going on. Did they give an explanation?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
luqman_mak
Community Member

Have notified a moderator for you

lysis10
Community Member

Was it fraud? What did you do for them?

Upwork has paid me $4k total in hourly protection. It's not a lie.

eta: nvm seems it's fraud. You gotta use your brain too. I am guessing it's the PDF to Google Docs job so yeah fraud probs. Upwork doesn't cover blatant fraud.

m_terrazas
Community Member

What seems strange is that you have done jobs at 3-5/h and suddenly at 25/h?
If it is the work of "Data Entry experts PDF TO GOOGLE DOCS", I think we are going to see many complaining. Hired 54!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Interesting. It is rare to see an advance fee scammer who actually hired, usually they don't do that. It might be that upwork does not consider typing pdf to word a skill, since it's just copy/paste. 

It would be good to know if they gave you a specific reason why you are not covered by payment protection. It could also be the much higher rate than your profile rate, which also is hinting at something nefarious going on. Did they give an explanation?

Hi Everyone,

I'm posting on behalf of my friend Pervaiz Ahmed, whose Upwork account has been suspended, preventing him from posting in the community. He's in a tough spot because he completed a job, tracked all his hours using the Upwork tracker, and received client approval. However, his payment for the week of 2024-04-14 was reversed due to a "Terms of Use Violation." His Contract ID is 36952461.

This isn't the first time he's faced issues on Upwork. Previously, his account was suspended due to a misunderstanding, and it was reinstated after Upwork realized the error. Now, his payment has been reversed, and he's not even sure what terms he supposedly violated.

@Upwork Support Team, can you explain what went wrong and why his payment was reversed? He works hard and relies on Upwork to support himself as a university student. If there was a violation, he wants to know what it was to avoid it in the future, but he needs his payment released. He can't continue like this, especially with no clear explanation.

If anyone in the community has experienced something similar or has advice on how to resolve this, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members