🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Placed Contract on Hold
Page options
cvick108
Community Member

Upwork Placed Contract on Hold

Hello,

I am fairly new to Upwork, and I had a current contract where I had just completed the work for a client put on hold a week ago.  This is a client with very good ratings and a verified payment.  When I went in to check the contract, Upwork has suspended it.  They told me in the email not to do any more work until I hear back from them.  The client has not communicated with me since last weekend as well.  It seems I am in a waiting pattern until I hear back from Upwork.  Will they advise me what to do at some point?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cvick108
Community Member

Nikola,

Thank you.  I reached out to customer support.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Connie V wrote:

I am fairly new to Upwork, and I had a current contract where I had just completed the work for a client put on hold a week ago.  

You completed the work? Is the contract hourly or fixed rate? 

Connie V wrote:

The client has not communicated with me since last weekend as well.  It seems I am in a waiting pattern until I hear back from Upwork.

That depends on whether it is fixed or hourly and if you've veen paid yet. No need to do anything at this stage.

cvick108
Community Member

Petra,

The contract was hourly for a total of 5 hours to start.  I completed all 5 hours of work.  I have not been paid yet.

petra_r
Community Member

Connie V wrote:

The contract was hourly for a total of 5 hours to start.  I completed all 5 hours of work.  I have not been paid yet.

Did you use the tracker to track your time? 

cvick108
Community Member

I used the manual tracker as agreed upon by the client.
petra_r
Community Member

Connie V wrote:
I used the manual tracker as agreed upon by the client.

Usually contracts are put on hold because a client's payment method failed when Upwork tried to charge it for your hours .

If you use the tracker properly, Upwork pay you out of their own pocket under their payment protection.

Manual time is not protected.

Mine has been fixed-time project. Could you please assist me?

NikolaS

Hi Connie,

There is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. For more information please check this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
cvick108
Community Member

Nikola,

Thank you.  I reached out to customer support.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members