🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Profile Categories change
Page options
Muhammad F Community Member

Upwork Profile Categories change

Hi Upwprk, 
Can I change my Upwork categories from development to design?
Is possible to change my categories? I have seen these Development related chips (image attached)

farifarhan_0-1698260776805.png

How can I add design categories to my Upwork profile?
is this possible to have Designer categories on my Upwork profile?

farifarhan_0-1698262128998.png

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Faraz A Community Member

Dear Muhammad F:

You can change this feature into your profile as well as you can add two more profiles with the same account. You can see my three profiles with different features attached to my account. If you have any confusion you can contact.

Regards.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're constantly updating the skills listed on Upwork to reflect the current trends and talents. We encourage our valued members to check back often to see if their category has changed.

I believe you're looking at the right article where you can find the updated Categories and Skills for your skills. As Faraz mentioned, you can show off your skills by adding certifications or creating a specialized profile.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still wondering if there's a way to see design-related checkboxes under the "Web, Mobile, and Software Development" category. I only want to add design-related categories, but they're not showing up.

I've created two special profiles, but I also want to change my main profile category. How can I reset my main profile category section?

I'm still waiting for a solution to this.

Thanks!

Clark S Community Member

Muhammad,

You can change your profile categories here:

1. Go to Profile Settings
  2. Scroll down to view Categories
  3. Select the pencil ✎ icon

All of the design-related checkboxes under the "Web, Mobile, and Software Development" category you see on the Profile and Skill Categories page do not show up in your profile categories list. Some of them are in your profile categories list while others appear in the profile skills list. As Arjay stated, Upwork constantly updates categories and skills to reflect the current trends and talents.

It has been like this for a long time, so I doubt any significant changes will happen any time soon. The only thing you can really do is select the best 10 available skills as the main services you provide to your clients.

Hey Clark, 
i did exactly you explain but still its look like this 

farifarhan_0-1698424974114.png

farifarhan_1-1698425084168.png

this i wanna see in my category Please 

farifarhan_2-1698425124846.png

i wish i can get this but 😞
Thanks 

Clark S Community Member

Muhammad,

All of those design-related categories under "Web, Mobile, and Software Development" will not appear in your profile categories list. Some of them are skill categories in your profile skills list, and some are not.

It would be nice if all were included, but Upwork changes those lists occasionally, and they simply do not include them all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members