🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Service Fee threshold not updated...
Page options
josepha2476
Community Member

Upwork Service Fee threshold not updated?

Hi, I've been on upwork for years now and since the site has updated, my account is still being charged 20% service fee on any jobs I complete and I've made more than the threshhold to be eligable 10%. I'm wondering why I'm still within the 20% threshold if my lifetime earning is over $500. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Joseph A wrote:

Hi, I've been on upwork for years now and since the site has updated, my account is still being charged 20% service fee on any jobs I complete and I've made more than the threshhold to be eligable 10%. I'm wondering why I'm still within the 20% threshold if my lifetime earning is over $500. Thanks 

It's not 20% of your lifetime earnings over $500.  It is on EACH project.  

* 20% for the first $500 billed with the client

* 10% for lifetime billings with the client between $500.01 and $10,000

* 5% for lifetime billings with the client that exceed $10,000

Ok I believe I understant, the job that I'm currently applying to has a budget thats over $500 and this is the first time working with this client so that means I will be charged the 20% fee as a first time billing with the client. Any projects afterwards with the same client will change to 10%-5% if I'm not mistaken?

Thanks

Joseph A wrote:

Ok I believe I understant, the job that I'm currently applying to has a budget thats over $500 and this is the first time working with this client so that means I will be charged the 20% fee as a first time billing with the client. Any projects afterwards with the same client will change to 10%-5% if I'm not mistaken?

Thanks

You will be charged the 20% on the first $500.  Same for then next new client and the others after that.  Upwork promotes working on long-term projects with the same client hence the lower fees. 

Ok I understand. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members