🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Skill certificate
Page options
riverey
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certifications

Hi,

I am a no-code Web Developer and Designer and a Graphic Designer. Recently I've received an invitation to take on a "Web, Mobile & Software Development" Upwork Skill Certification. However, from what I see in the documentation, this Certification is geared mostly for programmers. I develop websites using no-code tools like Webflow, Airtable and unfortunately can not choose any of the existing options.

I do, however, feel that I can qualify for the UI/UX and Graphic Design Certifications in the Design&Creative category.

Is there a way to change the category? It's great to receive an invite and showcase my skills to the client but it's sad that the current category doesn't match what I do.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

248 REPLIES 248
b2104af1
Community Member

Hi,

After passing the Upwork Skill Certification, I still cant see the badge on my profile after a month has passed.
I attached the screenshot of the mail i receieved after passing the skill certification -  please help me solve this situation. Thanks.

b2104af1_0-1701102197950.png

If you've successfully passed an Upwork Skill Certification but the badge is not appearing on your profile, there could be a few reasons for this. Here are some steps you can take to address the issue:

1. Check Certification Status:

• Ensure that the certification status in your Upwork account shows as "Certified." You can find this information in your Upwork profile under the "Certifications" section.
  2. Update Your Profile:

• Sometimes, the badge might not appear immediately. Try updating your profile by making a small change, such as adding a new skill or updating your profile description. This can sometimes trigger the system to display the certification badge.
  3. Log Out and Log In:

• Log out of your Upwork account and then log back in. This simple action can refresh your profile and display any recent changes, including certification badges.
  4. Contact Upwork Support:

• If the issue persists, it's advisable to contact Upwork support directly. They can investigate the matter and provide assistance. You can reach out to them through the Upwork Help Center or by using the support options available on the platform.
  5. Review Certification Guidelines:

• Ensure that you've followed all the guidelines and requirements for displaying Upwork Skill Certifications on your profile. If there are any specific criteria that you haven't met, addressing them might resolve the issue.
  6. Allow Some Time:

• It's also possible that there might be some delay in the system. Give it a bit more time, and if the badge still doesn't appear, consider reaching out to Upwork support for further assistance.

When contacting Upwork support, provide them with as much detail as possible, including the date you passed the certification and any relevant screenshots or information from the certification confirmation email.

Remember, Upwork support is there to help you with platform-related issues, and they can provide more specific guidance based on your account details.

I hope you can get this matter resolved and have your certification badge displayed on your profile soon.

Hi Tomas,

I can confirm that an Upwork Skill Certification for Graphic Design has been issued on your profile. Please visit this screenshot for your reference or check your Profile> Certifications to validate the action taken by Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5244c958
Community Member

Dear Support team, 

I would like to ask about the Upwork Skill Certification on my profile. 
I receive the message for the certification review. I submitted, and they said that my profile will be reviewed on this 27th Nov. So, how long will it take for this review process? If I pass/not pass, will I receive the notification for this? 

Thank you and have a good day.

Khang

Hi KHANG,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the relevant team and we'll reach out to you as soon as we get an update. 

~ AJ
Upwork
5a41fe18
Community Member

Hello,

Can I get 2 or more Upwork Skills Certifcations? Looking forward to your response. Thanks in advance.

Hi Carlo,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5a41fe18
Community Member

Okay. Thanks. Is it possible to have Two or More Upwork skills certifications?

80d3924b
Community Member

Hi, I received invitation for Upwork Skill Certification and completed GCA (General Coding Assessment) on Nov 8, 2023 and its verified by Code Signal. I have been waiting for a response from Upwork for a long time, but I didn't receive it. Can someone help me?

Hi Mustafa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
ce81b678
Community Member

Hello Upwork community and team,

I applied for the Video Editing Skills Certification on December 5th. I filled out the form, and it seems the validation process has started. As of today, I have not received any updates on the status of my application.

I understand that the verification process may take some time, but I wanted to inquire about the current status and if there is any additional step I need to take.

Your assistance in providing an update would be greatly appreciated.

It has been 2 weeks, and from what I've read in other freelancers' reviews, this process is usually faster (at least in the video editing sector).

Hi Agustin,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie!

I am still not receiving updates on my Upwork account. Today was supposed to be the evaluation of my skills, and I wanted to know if everything is going well or what happened.

I am waiting for an update on the status of the request, please.

I also paid for my Freelancer Plus subscription to expedite the verification of my skills.

my case is #44547977
3459360d
Community Member

Hi. I am new here as a freelance translator. I can translate between English and Bengali. How can I get a Certificate for Upwork Certifications?

Hi Md A,

Upwork Skill certifications are currently available in Web & Mobile Software Development, Design & Creative, and Customer Service only. Check out this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0d018923
Community Member

"I am a top-rated Social Media Marketing professional and also recognized on Freelancer Pulse. However, I have not received any email invitations for the 'Upwork Skills Certification.' Could you please provide insights into the reason for not receiving these invitations?

Thank you 

Hi Usman,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing

~ AJ
Upwork
9c0044f9
Community Member

I was invited for upwork skills verfication and I found a link on my account to edit my profile and I chose JavaScript front end after that I couldn't find the link for an interview to do my interview for the verfication. I read online that the invitatioin only last for 14 days and I don't want to lose the uportunity

Hi Nebiyu,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f86576c2
Community Member

Hello Upwork team, I've been working on Upwork for two years and have completed over 75 jobs with 5-star ratings. Currently, I'm a top-rated seller and have uploaded more than 100 items to my portfolio. Out of these, 25 are my original creations, and the rest are projects I completed for clients, which I then added to my portfolio. Despite my achievements, I have not yet been invited to participate in the Upwork Skill Certification program. I would like to know what steps I need to take to receive an Upwork Skill Certification in 2D Animation or After Effects. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Hi Abdul,

At this time, you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you continue having a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Feel free to check this page for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b8d46db2
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Community! 

I recently received an invitation to apply for a video editing skill certification. I was informed that my portfolio review was scheduled to be completed on January 18, but I haven't received any updates since then. Will I be notified whether I pass or not?

Thank you!

Mauricio 

wrote:

Hi, Upwork Community! 

I recently received an invitation to apply for a video editing skill certification. I was informed that my portfolio review was scheduled to be completed on January 18, but I haven't received any updates since then. Will I be notified whether I pass or not?

Thank you!

Mauricio 

I've been told that they are "currently improving the Upwork Skill Certification experience".

Maybe your evaluation is in different purview. Sharing what I've been told.

blackjack7878
Community Member

Hey, I passed "Upwork Skill Certification" test on codesignal back in October 2023 and it was verified but no feedback from upwork, what do I do? If result is bad I would appreciate if you let me know

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you've contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your Skill Certification concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
angelo1300
Community Member

Hi, fellow designers hope you doing well, any tips how to get a graphic design certificate? so it may help to convince the client. 

Hi Angelo,

I agree with you on that. Standing out in your field as a skilled professional can help you connect with clients and grow your business faster. Earning a Skill Certification could be a massive contribution to that.

However, you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

Currently, you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmedch1
Community Member

Hello,

How to pass Upwork skills tests ? I did not get the method : If it needs invitation , how to do that .

Thanks in advance

Hi Ahmed,

Upwork Skill Certifications are by invitation only. You cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cb921c26
Community Member

Hi, 

I am a 3D character atrist. And few months ago I got invitation for skill certification on Upwork but I didn't apply at that time cause I felt like my portfolio wasn't great at that time. So, I started working on my portfolio but I am unable to apply for the certification through that previous invitation now. How can I reapply for the skill certification? can I reapply?

Regards,

Subash shrersthamy workmy work

Hi Subash,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a93fcc07
Community Member

I've started providing "presentation design services" recently now I'm a freelancer + also but I'm not getting up work skill certification requests to apply and earn that certificate. 

Hi Rehan,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
zain443
Community Member

Hi team and fellow freelancers, I have recently purchased the freelancer plus subscription and want to when I will get invited for upwork skill certification test. I am 3D artist and confident in my skills. I have applied for the presentation design Mid 2023 and got the certification badge. Can I apply to that request again or they will reach me with other one or will they reach me for this niche? I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading.
Regards,

Hi Zain,

I'm afraid you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Feel free to check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zain443
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for the response. I will wait on that

neetish
Community Member

Hello everyone,
I have Freelancer plus suscription will it help in this process.

what are the eligibility criterias for getting invited for the skill certifications?

I was referring this page for details.
 https://community.upwork.com/t5/Get-Certified/Web-Mobile-amp-Software-Development/ta-p/1085006

Hi Neetish,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~Andrea
Upwork
neetish
Community Member

Hi AndreaG, Thanks a lot for your response. Can you please help me with the action items for my profile to be eligible for skills test invitation. 

Meanwhile, I just checked,  my profile completeness is 100% , 10k + earning, great reviews, JSS is 77% .
please help me with the following. 
- How to identify if my profile is upto date?
- My profile is public for Upwork users only, should I make it public for all for better results?

usama864
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I was invited by Upwork to obtain a skill certificate. I submitted all the required information and later received an approval message in my inbox from Upwork.

Received message from upwork :

Congratulations! Your portfolio passed the evaluation and earned an Upwork Skill Certification.

This certification is on your profile now and visible to all clients and freelancers on Upwork. When submitting proposals consider telling clients about your Upwork Skill Certification.

Problem:

It has been a month since I received the approval message, and the certificate is still not showing up on my profile.

Certificate.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members