🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Skill Certifications
Page options
riverey
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certifications

Hi,

I am a no-code Web Developer and Designer and a Graphic Designer. Recently I've received an invitation to take on a "Web, Mobile & Software Development" Upwork Skill Certification. However, from what I see in the documentation, this Certification is geared mostly for programmers. I develop websites using no-code tools like Webflow, Airtable and unfortunately can not choose any of the existing options.

I do, however, feel that I can qualify for the UI/UX and Graphic Design Certifications in the Design&Creative category.

Is there a way to change the category? It's great to receive an invite and showcase my skills to the client but it's sad that the current category doesn't match what I do.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

248 REPLIES 248

Thanks, Dmytro. Relogin didnot helped. Ok i'll try to reach support team. Thanks for help. 🙏

Hi Serhii,

I'm sorry that the certification isn't showing yet. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

Hi Comunity memebers

I want to have Upwork certificate. Can I ask Upwork Support to make an exam for me to get this cewrtificate or not?

Secondly, What time i need to get this exam in legal way?

Tural Babashov

Hi Tural,

Upwork Skill Certifications are available by invitation only. You can opt into Upwork Skills Certification inside your Community profile. You need to choose this option under the Freelancer Plus tab. You can take a look at this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

thank you very much for your info.

Can you send me the link of Freelancer plus Hup please? I can't find where it is.

Tural Babashov

Hi Tural,

You can find it by going to Groups and searching "Freelancer Plus." Alternatively, you can click this link to be taken to it. Also, since you're already part of the Group, it should show under your "My Groups" page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jiban92
Community Member

Hello, Please visit my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/jiban

and tell me that how i will learn from upwork certification . i can not do it.

Hi Jiban,

You can opt into Upwork Skills Certification inside your Community profile. You need to choose this option under the Freelancer Plus tab

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jiban92
Community Member

Thank You Luiggi,

And after reviewing my profile, Tell me where I need to modify my profile to get more clients.

3eaf8d54
Community Member

Hello everyone.

I was invited to give a CodeSignal Test from Upwork on April. However, as I was busy working on projects on Upwork, I was unable to arrange a time to complete the exam. I extended the schedule but couldn't complete as I received more work.

Would it be possible to request for another exam or will I be invited again after working on more projects?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sadman,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
31546b1f
Community Member

I wanted to know what the requirements are to pass the test? as I have different scores shown in my code signal profile the code signal test shows me 824 and the upwork Score is 516. 

There are the 2 screenshots attached. Please let me know about this.

Thank you,
Parth G

Hello Parth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here.

~ Joan
mahmoud_yosry
Community Member

How can I get an Invitation to web certifications, please ??

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out and for your interest in getting invited to the Upwork Skill Certification. At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
60e12466
Community Member

Hello! I am new here. How do I get invited to get a free certification or course offer on Upwork?

Hi Aljon,

At this time, you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
eucliwood22
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I recently received an invitation and chose graphic design for a certification. can someone run me through this? I'm kind of new to this stuff. Will I take a test for graphic design? I haven't gotten a response since I have applied.

Hi Avel,

I can see that you notified the team of this via a support ticket. Please allow more time for them to get back to you and assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
37fce6ec
Community Member

Hello, support.

I started out on Upwork as a WordPress developer. Eventually, I decided to switch to video editing as I felt that would be easier for me to get jobs. So I revamped my profile to that of a video editor as I am also skilled in that.

Recently I got invited for the Upwork Skill Certification Test. However, Upwork still regards me as a web developer and asks that I should take tests in coding. The problem is that I no longer work in web development work on Upwork anymore so the skill certification is pretty much useless as it doesn't help a video editor like me. I wish the test could be changed to that for a video editor as that's what I am doing now. So the skill certification badge would really help me, as it should.

How do I go about this, please?

Hi Obioma,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
omerhashmi777
Community Member

I want to get invite for Upwork Shopify Expert Certification. I am a new freelancer and really need it.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Certifications/tkb-p/USC

Hi Syed Muhammad Omer,

At this time, you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ AJ
Upwork
willis_mwakai
Community Member

Hi, I want to extend my upwork skill certification deadline, does anyone know how to go about it?

i think there is currently no way to extend the deadline for taking a certification test

Hi Willis,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b8210158
Community Member

Hello there, Everyone!
I had been invited to take the Upwork Skill Certification Coding Assessment. I took the test on CodeSignal (October 14th
, 2023) and it says it got verified, but I haven't received any notification from Upwork regarding the test or further process if any.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Hi Hashir,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello there,
I still didn't received any response, it has been 2 months now, please look into it.

Thanks,

HSY

Hello Hashir,

I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket after your last post above. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the email notification sent to the registered email address. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b8210158
Community Member

Alright, thanks ! 

j_gasita
Community Member

Hello there!

I got a message from Upwork that I passed the Customer Service test and earned an Upwork Skill Certification. Do I have to do anything to have the certification reflected on my profile, or does the certificate automatically appear?

If so, how long will it take to appear?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jason Jhon,

Thanks for reaching out. It should automatically show on your profile. Kindly give it a few days to reflect on your account, and if you still don't see it next week, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork

I see, thanks! 

988de6af
Community Member

Hi! I'm very interested in improving my skills so I can offer better services so I can be a freelancer or virtual assistant. Can someone please help by sending me an invite to upwork Cerifications for Design & Creative? or maybe you could recommend other places I can earn free online certificates.

Hi Syron Luther,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
988de6af
Community Member

Okay. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Do you have any tips for doing that??

ajithvijaya
Community Member

Hi Ajith,

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that at this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ AJ
Upwork
9486af42
Community Member

My friend, 

I am also a No-code web designer and have similar skills as you mentioned. 
And I recently applied for UI/UX certification. With the same hope that you mentioned.  

My profile must have gone under review 2 days back, as per the support team. 

Now, waiting to know, what happens next!! 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members