🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork asks for password for Upwork Tax infor...
Page options
a9952639
Community Member

Upwork asks for password for Upwork Tax information but I authenticated with Google Auth

Symptom

Upwork requests my password which is stored on Google's servers just to upload my tax information. This is not something I am willing to do. Even with biometrics on my phone I am prompted for a password again. 

Is there a work around to this ? My Google Auth is there to prevent my password from being compromised. 

4 REPLIES 4
f09d736c
Community Member

Hello I am Forest B L.

If you're having trouble accessing your Upwork Tax information because it's asking for a password instead of using your Google Auth, you might want to reach out to Upwork's customer support. They should be able to assist you in resolving this issue and provide guidance on how to access your tax information seamlessly. Don't hesitate to clarify the situation with their support team; they're there to help you navigate these issues.

ArjayM

Hi Mister,

I took a closer look at your account security settings and confirmed that you currently use Google Sign-in to log in. By enabling this authentication option, we will only ask for your Upwork password to verify your identity. You may check and navigate through your account security options by going to your Settings> Password & Security.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a9952639
Community Member

There is no Upwork password. I am only using Google Auth. Do you understand ? 

Thank you for following up. We've escalated your Community post through a support ticket; one of our agents will contact you soon and further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members