🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork client abused me but Upwork won't tell...
Page options
ebram96
Community Member

Upwork client abused me but Upwork won't tell me what actions were taken with them..

The past Monday I applied to a job and in the chat with the client he abused me then blocked me! 

I reported his messages in the chat and contacted Upwork support to check what they did with that client.. Shockingly, they told me that they can not share with me what actions were taken regarding that client! This is not a bit close to fair. So the client can just abuse and insult me and all I can do is to report ? This is a horrible experience.

Freelancers should know what actions were taken regarding the matter! and why would you keep it secret ?

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Ebram,

Upwork never says publicly how they have handled any problem with any client or freelancer. 

But don't let a rude client put you off Upwork. There are certainly a fair few cantankerous clients among the many thousands who are using Upwork at any one time, but my experience is that they are a tiny percentage of the total client base.

Just try to find out out which ones are rude before you agree to work with them. Those clowns should leave your mind the moment you stop communicating with them and never be given another thought.

If you have the misfortune of agreeing to work with one, make the best of it and be clear in your feedback for that client after the contract is finished, so you can warn off other freelancers from working with that client in the future..

Good luck!

Am talking about pre-contract chat.

What is the point of making the result of reported messages private ?

And why the client should be allowed to continue using Upwork ? Such clients will cetainely leave bad feedbacks on freelancers and should freelancers do the same when they are on contracts.. nobody is in a winning situation here.

bevcam
Community Member

It is upsetting when someone is rude and abusive, but Will's advice is spot on - don't give this person any more of your time and energy.

Even if you know what UW said or did, it won't make you feel better because you feel personally offended. Let it go and move on.

As far as how this client will treat other freelancers, they'll deal with it in their own way. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members