🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork deduction Percentage
Page options
rukhsar118
Community Member

Upwork deduction Percentage

Hi Everyone,

I want to ask what percentage does up-work charge from a freelancer? also, you can share any tips regarding this question. 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Earning up to $500 from a client: 20%

Over $500 with same client: 10%

Over $10000 with same client: 5%

florydev
Community Member

The  only thing I would add to what Preston said is that if a client pays to have their job featured and you are either a Rising Talent or Top Rated they will deduct a reduced rate.  I believe it is currently 10%.

You asked for tips.  I am not sure what you are looking for but here are my thoughts about Upwork's charges...

I almost never think about it.  It's not my money, it's theirs.  Some people express outrage about it.  I wasn't using Upwork when the fee was lower so maybe I would be too (I wouldn't), but to me I don't understand the point.  I am either using Upwork to find work or I am not, that's my decision in the process.  Why should I be upset about money that I would never get otherwise.

Mark, I agree. Furthermore IMO at least those that are the most outraged are not familiar with the true expenses of operating one's own business. 

As I'm confident you know, it'd cost us far more than what UW charges us to do all that they accomplish. Of course I occasionally get irritated with them; sometimes extremely. However, all in all I'm appreciative and grateful.   

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members