cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork is too slow

fahadameer360
Fahad A Member Since: Apr 13, 2018
1 of 21

Upwork has been loading tremendously slowly for years now in all versions (Desktop and mobile; Chrome, firefox, edge and brave; mobile app and mobile browsers). Messages take ages to load. I always see the preloader, and it takes like 5 - 10 second each time. Who use preloaders in 2019? I think it's a business website, and business websites should load in milliseconds. If I was a new client, I wouldn't wait for all this time while the website loads. I think you lose a lot of customers this way. 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 21

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Fahad! We'll be sure to pass it on to our product team.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4af59229
Jacob M Member Since: Feb 23, 2021
3 of 21

This isn't a solution. The speed of the site is just plain ridiculous. There are posts going back several years complaining about the slow speed. I have paid thousands to Upwork (funny enough, most of it going to freelancers to create websites) and am considering taking my business elsewhere. This is just not good enough - time = money!

a06389a7
Anil C Member Since: Sep 22, 2020
4 of 21
Yes... Upwork is slower than a lazy snail!!

I just started working on it and posted 2 jobs... downloaded the app and all it has done for me is make me more frustrated and mad!!

I see that this is a persistent problem for long. Is the only way to solve this is to quit on it?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5 of 21

Hi Anil,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Is this happening when you are using the App or the same issue with logging in using your computer?

~ Joanne
Upwork
3880066f
Edwin R Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
6 of 21
Couldn't agree more!

I'm new to upwork and surprised at how slow it is to load messages. Suggestion : how done is the freelance developers on upwork to fix this problem
egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
7 of 21

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will share your report with our team.

~ Nikola

Untitled
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 21

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Nathan. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
marel337
Marijus M Member Since: Apr 7, 2020
9 of 21

Upwork is extremely slow and it's been like that for years. Whenever I know I need to go on upwork check something it's an absolute dread.

Whenever one of Upwork's employees responds 'thank you for feedback we'll pass this on to product team' you're just making a joke of yourself and the company. 

I don't think a single Upwork employee does not think that the website is dreadfully slow and certainly most long time users can't stand the speed of the website.

If you can't make the website fast enough to be useful with all these fancy loading frontend features - ditch them. No one cares if the proposal review screen loads up nicely if it takes 10 seconds to load.

1adeelfuuast
Adeel A Member Since: May 7, 2019
10 of 21

My upwork mobile application is toooo much slow from 6 months... Please please do some thing and must reply
 **Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS