Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork refunded three hours because of client's issues with bank

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 18

Filip K wrote:

If I work 5-10 min to open some ports on the firewall, I will put in 30 min of manual time. My clients know that and they don't object. And for small jobs, minimum charge is one hour, even if I worked 20 min. 

You do what???

Filip K wrote:

This attitude costed me around 1000 dollars by now in manual hours Smiley Very Happy.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

filip_knezevic
Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
12 of 18

Yeah, Petra you got it all right .

If my clients think I'm overcharging them, probably they would not work with me anymore? There are many other freelancers they can choose from, but theye chose to stick with me. Probably because I'm fair and I do good work.

Some freelancers are charging even availability. If the client wants a freelancer to be readily available in case of technical issues (as you migh be working with other client at that time), they will charge them XX number of hours per week, even if they didn't lift a finger that week.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Anyway, thanks for your valuable insights.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
13 of 18

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited from this thread for Community Guidelines. We encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
filip_knezevic
Community Guru
14 of 18

All is clear here, I used manual time, and if the client doesn't resolve their payment issues, I will not get that cash. No problem with that.

This unproductive thread can be closed Smiley Happy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
filip_knezevic
Community Guru
15 of 18

Client fixed the issue and I got paid.

Yeey.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 18

Filip K wrote:

Client fixed the issue and I got paid.

Brilliant outcome!

filip_knezevic
Community Guru
17 of 18

For sure. Smiley Happy Me like.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
18 of 18

Use Tracker dude. I didn't want to do it either until a large payment failed from manual hours. You'll sleep so much better I tell ya knowing some of those commission fees might actually go back into your own pocket. That's what you pay them for.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS