🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork took refund without any permission alt...
Page options
namnm
Community Member

Upwork took refund without any permission although I had the time tracker enabled and high activity

Hi

I got a contract from an India client.

They asked me to support them via Skype to setup a webrtc server.

I have the time tracker enabled and hjgh activity level.

It was totally 3 hours and we agreed on Skype, there is a proof screenshot in the time tracker as well.

Now Upwork took refund from my account without any permission or detail message why.

Can I get my money back?

Please help and explain.

Thanks a lot

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

The client failed to pay for your hours. In such a case, Upwork will pay you out of their own pocket, provided your work diary fulfilled all (!!!) the criteria...

Nam N wrote:

Did you write meaningful work memos which clearly described what you were working on?

Nam N wrote:

Can I get my money back?

The client can pay you as a bonus. But if the client doesn't, then no, you can't. You can't "get back" what was never paid in the first place.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

The client failed to pay for your hours. In such a case, Upwork will pay you out of their own pocket, provided your work diary fulfilled all (!!!) the criteria...

Nam N wrote:

Did you write meaningful work memos which clearly described what you were working on?

Nam N wrote:

Can I get my money back?

The client can pay you as a bonus. But if the client doesn't, then no, you can't. You can't "get back" what was never paid in the first place.

namnm
Community Member

Thanks.

So the reason is because they dont have money to pay. Is that correct as you have looked through my case?

They even promised to pay outside of upwork like paypal but I refused and use the time tracker.

So we can not do anything now. Is it?

Thanks a lot.

petra_r
Community Member

Nam N wrote:

So the reason is because they dont have money to pay. Is that correct as you have looked through my case?

When an hourly contract is reversed on Tuesday it is invariably because the client failed to pay you. Had you used meaningful work memos, Upwork would have paid you out of their own pockets under hourly protection.

Nam N wrote:

So we can not do anything now.

Not unless the client returns and pays you

paying outside of upwork is a violation of ToS, which can lead to a ban, just a note

namnm
Community Member

Thanks a lot for your info to help me understand the situation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members