🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upworks desktop Application/Timer
Page options
6da1b7bb
Community Member

Upworks desktop Application/Timer

Quick question, this week we are on our back up internet provider. Since swapping to the backup internet the Upworks desktop application and job timer will not load. 

I deleted the app and tried the 64 windows app. same issue. 

I deleted this ap and tried the 64 windows beta app. same issue. 

Any advice on how to resolve this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6da1b7bb
Community Member

OK the App started working again today. NO idea why nothing on my system has changed. ! close thread. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
6da1b7bb
Community Member

Another note to add. A blue box pops up saying Verify you are human, but it always disappears before I can click on it. so frustrating. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul, 

Before I proceed, could you please ensure that the app's cache has been deleted from your computer? To thoroughly delete the Upwork Desktop App's cache from your computer, please follow the following instructions: 

1. Close the Upwork Desktop App
  2. Open File Explorer (or an alternative) and navigate to one of the links below, based on your operating system:
    • For Windows: %USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Upwork
    • For Mac: ~/Library/"Application Support"/Upwork
    • For Linux: ~/.Upwork
  3. Delete the "Upwork" folder
  4. Restart the desktop application

Let me know if the issue persists so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6da1b7bb
Community Member

I have searched my computer for these files and it states that they do not exist. I am not a technicial computer person by any means but I have checked as far as my knowledge allows me to. 

Please update me on this issue? 

Hi Paul, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Could you please confirm if you are able to access the Desktop App when you go back to your main connections or try using a different connections? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have tried with using my phone as a hotspot and I have tried with our normal internet connection, neither of them work. 

What I need is a support ticket raising so I can talk with someone about the issue direct. If you could do that for me it would be appreciated. Thank you. 

6da1b7bb
Community Member

OK the App started working again today. NO idea why nothing on my system has changed. ! close thread. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members