🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » WATCH OUT.
Page options
a96a33c1
Community Member

WATCH OUT.

I sent a POTENTIAL client a great finished product so they would consider me and then they decided to scrap their project entirely. I'm really doubting I'll get paid for my time I put into it. I'm wondering if they intentionally did this to get a job done for free.

Anybody else get screwed like this? I'm not going to give clients finished work without watermarks / half a song,etc... unless anyone knows a better way to avoid this happening.

6 REPLIES 6
jr-translation
Community Member

Derek S wrote:

I sent a POTENTIAL client a great finished product so they would consider me and then they decided to scrap their project entirely. I'm really doubting I'll get paid for my time I put into it. I'm wondering if they intentionally did this to get a job done for free.

Anybody else get screwed like this? I'm not going to give clients finished work without watermarks / half a song,etc... unless anyone knows a better way to avoid this happening.

How about not sending in free work? You did not get screwed, you screwed other freelancers and Upwork.
Since you cannot be bothered to read the ToS and how about Upwork works, I cannot be bothered to even start explaining everything you need to know about Upwork (unless you want to hire me that is).

Jennifer R wrote:

Derek S wrote:

How about not sending in free work? You did not get screwed, you screwed other freelancers and Upwork.
Since you cannot be bothered to read the ToS and how about Upwork works, I cannot be bothered to even start explaining everything you need to know about Upwork (unless you want to hire me that is).

Derek, if you read this carefully, there is some free advice hidden here. Jennifer just can't be not helpful, the dear. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Derek,

I checked and it seems that you were never hired for this project. It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show in your My Jobs page

For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs. Additionally, feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
versailles
Community Member

Derek S wrote:

I sent a POTENTIAL client a great finished product

You did what!?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
oquintela
Community Member

Derek S wrote:

I sent a POTENTIAL client a great finished product so they would consider me and then they decided to scrap their project entirely. […]

Ok, so you knew that you had no contract in place and still decided to get them a 'great finished product'? Why would they hire you???

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

There are no victims, only volunteers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members