burbage_michael
Community Member

Web Development Gone Wild

I have an SEO question. Is this normal?

8 REPLIES 8
tgcodes
Community Member

From my observation, the freelancer wrote an inline CSS,

Writing inline CSS does not directly impact SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in web development. SEO primarily focuses on optimizing the structure, content, and overall accessibility of a website to improve its visibility and ranking in search engine results.

Inline CSS refers to the practice of adding CSS styles directly within HTML tags using the "style" attribute. While inline CSS can be useful for making quick style adjustments or overriding specific styles, it is generally not considered a best practice for several reasons:

Code Maintainability: Inline CSS can make your HTML code cluttered and harder to maintain, especially when you have multiple elements with similar styles. It is more advisable to separate your CSS into external style sheets that can be easily updated and reused across multiple pages.

Code Reusability: External CSS files allow you to reuse styles throughout your website, resulting in cleaner, more efficient code. This approach is beneficial for site-wide consistency and easier management of styles.

Page Loading Speed: Inline CSS can increase the file size of your HTML document, leading to slower page loading times. Optimizing page speed is an important factor in SEO, as search engines favor fast-loading websites.

However, it's worth noting that the actual content and structure of your webpage, as well as other SEO factors like relevant keywords, quality backlinks, and user experience, have a much more significant impact on SEO than the specific usage of inline CSS.

In summary, while inline CSS may be useful for specific situations, it is generally recommended to use external CSS files for better code organization, maintainability, reusability, and improved page loading speed. These factors indirectly contribute to SEO by creating a more efficient and user-friendly website.

burbage_michael
Community Member

Interesting analysis. But that's not it. What else do you see?

The div's and p's inside h2 is a new one for me. Was this generated with a CMS? My guess is that the developer was constrained by the CMS and wanted more than simple text in the <h2> heading. Probably explains the in-line <style> too.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

bobafett999
Community Member

Hey remember this is Upwork.  People post jobs for the stuff they don't know or can't do.  If you need answer post a job or go to library or ask google.

What do you mean? Isn't this a community forum for discussing stuff?

Your oft-repeated declaration that we are NOT here to help one another and no one should ask anyone for information looks particularly silly as the last comment in a thread where others have already answered the question.

Ok I will bite.  How many times in your life you have offered free legal or any material advice to anyone?  Stop trolling me.  I have no desire to engage with you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members