🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What do clients see when you submit a proposa...
Page options
5fa819b4
Community Member

What do clients see when you submit a proposal?

I wanted to know what a client sees when you submit a proposal for a job, specifically what they see before you get a 'your proposal was viewed' notification.

Do they get a list of profiles to look at, which they can view before they click on the proposals?

Or if I don't get a 'proposal was viewed' notification does that mean the client hasn't seen anything from me at all?

I submit a lot of proposals that don't get looked at, but I've no completed jobs yet so I'm guessing this is the main reason.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

I wanted to know what a client sees when you submit a proposal for a job, specifically what they see before you get a 'your proposal was viewed' notification.

Clients receive a list of proposals with the first two sentences of your cover letter shown. They also see your profile photo, name, JSS, earnings (if visible), and other profile data.

Do they get a list of profiles to look at, which they can view before they click on the proposals?

Yes. As noted above, their Review Proposals list looks similar to the list you see if searching for freelancers. A "snippet" of information is shown including the first two sentences of your cover letter.

Or if I don't get a 'proposal was viewed' notification does that mean the client hasn't seen anything from me at all?

Clients can also see which freelancers submitted proposals in their email. I know many clients who see this; review it; and never open the actual proposal. When clients view your profile snippet and the first two sentences of your cover letter, this does not count as a view. Many clients make their decisions based on the first two sentences they see in that snippet and may not have a reason to click and view the entire cover letter.

If the client clicks and opens your proposal, the answers to any screening questions are shown first. Below that is the cover letter and below the cover letter is your full profile.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
celgins
Community Member

Clients receive a list of proposals with the first two sentences of your cover letter shown. They also see your profile photo, name, JSS, earnings (if visible), and other profile data.

Yes. As noted above, their Review Proposals list looks similar to the list you see if searching for freelancers. A "snippet" of information is shown including the first two sentences of your cover letter.

Clients can also see which freelancers submitted proposals in their email. I know many clients who see this; review it; and never open the actual proposal. When clients view your profile snippet and the first two sentences of your cover letter, this does not count as a view. Many clients make their decisions based on the first two sentences they see in that snippet and may not have a reason to click and view the entire cover letter.

If the client clicks and opens your proposal, the answers to any screening questions are shown first. Below that is the cover letter and below the cover letter is your full profile.

5fa819b4
Community Member

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know. 

5fa819b4
Community Member

Sorry one other question if you have time... does the client also see the proposal hourly rate or estimate at the top line (before viewing your proposal) or do they need to view the proposal to see your estimates and proposal-specific rates?

Thanks

celgins
Community Member

If I remember correctly, only the freelancer's hourly rate is shown before viewing the proposal. Once the client clicks to view the proposal, the proposed bid (hourly/fixed rate) is shown. I haven't seen a email list of proposals in a while, so I can't remember if the proposed bid is shown there.

5fa819b4
Community Member

Thank you. I fell like this information should be available to freelancers in one of the knowledge hubs.

Thanks again for replying.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members