🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What happened to support?
Page options
t-hall
Community Member

What happened to support?

I have been top rated for as many years as that designation was created. I used to have a person who I could just pick up the phone and call if I had troubles. 

These days it seems the 'Get support' button is nothign ore than a bot with no option to chat with a human and the phone number is also gone.

I have an invite to a very good job, but the 'submit proposal' button is not working. I cannot respond to the client and there is absoutely no one from Upwork to help.

On top of this, Upwork has been increasing it's rates year after year.

What's going on?? I've paid upwork tens of thousands of dollars in commissions from work I have done for clients over the past 10 years here and can't even ask a real human for help with a function of their own website that is prevening a new contract from starting?

By the time this gets sorted out, the job may be filled or the client may have just got tired of me not replying and think I'm not intrested.

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Tony,

I was just checking on the issue you described with accepting invites and it looks like you were able to accept both recent invites you received and submit proposals. But let me know if you're still experiencing any issues with that.

I'm sorry you were having issues reaching support. As a Top Rated freelancer, you should still have access to phone and chat and see those options when you click on Get Help button on the Upwork Help page (after a few interactions that help us determine the type of the account and the type of the issue). That said, I'll forward your feedback to the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Wow, your still here! Hehe. I remember when you first started modding these forums a couple hundred years ago. I haven't been active for a very long time.

I retried after making this post and it eneded up working. Nothaving a clear way to access support is a huge problem, especially with the percentage of earning we give up in commission to Upwork. 

I went through several attempts with teh chat bot and it just keeps asking me if I have another questions Id like to ask. I said 'operator please', 'live chat' etc... nothing worked. I gave up.

Its not an acceptable support solution for the amount of money we hep Upwork earn and the frequency we actally need to use a support feature. 

I don't see any option to call in either. Where is that?

Thanks for the reply and good to see you're still here! By now, you probably know more about Upwork than you ever wanted to 😛

😁 haha, yes, it's been a while. Our team of moderators is now much larger and we have so much more going on in the Community.  It's good to see you too, Tony. I remember you posting in the Community as far back as 2014.

I appreciate your sharing your experience with support. We have been collecting and sharing feedback about it with the team. We definitely want to make sure Upwork users can find the information they need and connect with the support team if they need assistance.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dejandukic
Community Member

Couldn't agree more; not having any way to even create a support ticket, let alone reach a human directly, is ridiculous considering freelancers are paying customers.

Facing the same issue myself.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members