🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is Upwork's policy with this communicati...
Page options
clesceri
Community Member

What is Upwork's policy with this communication?

I been getting a bunch of these on LinkedIN and on SKYPE

I contacted you because I wanted to ask you about one thing.
Since you have rich experience in software development, you would know about the freelancing site upwor-k.
There are many big US only jobs and I wish I could do and make profit by doing those jobs.
Hope you understand what I mean.
If you could lend me upwor-k account of some one whom you know in US such as familiy members or friends or anyone via remote then I will really appreciate it.
I am confident in earning over 10K and open to dedicate 20%-25% of my monthly income to you.
I hope we can find a good solution to make extra profit and partnership.
Cheers!

Is this legal? WHat is Upwork's policy?

4 REPLIES 4
pudingstudio
Community Member

Very illegal. Leads to account being deleted/banned. Only you can use your profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael J,

I would like to confirm that Upwork users are not allowed to share their accounts with anybody as it is a violation of the Upwork ToS

You can click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll check that further and escalate accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jjjoy
Community Member

Look at the Terms of Service. It is not allowed.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this legal? What is Upwork's policy?"

Well... let's not use the words "legal" or "illegal" when we are discussing Upwork's policies (ToS) such as rules governing account sharing..

Because that is not what is relevant here. What is relevant is that these things are very much AGAINST Upwork policy.

Words such as "allowed" and "not allowed" are better.

(It will be simpler and more accurate if we reserve the word "legal" to refer to rules found in the written laws of various governmental bodies, such as towns, cities, counties, states, and nations. The simple fact is that many - perhaps most - governmental jurisdictions do not actually have any laws specifying who can create Upwork accounts and how they are allowed to go about doing so, and who may use those accounts. But it does NOT matter if a person lives in "Liberty Valley" and that town has a law saying it is okay for people to share Upwork accounts. Upwork's policy prohibiting this is in force everywhere, regardless of the presence or absence of any "laws" addressing this.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members