🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What's changed? Projects have dried up.
Page options
modernwriter2000
Community Member

What's changed? Projects have dried up.

I have stayed consistently busy for the last several years, even at the initial Covid outbreak. People were buying multiple projects a week and I was working on contracts to the point that I rarely had to look for new work—the work was finding me. Nothing has changed on my end. No negative feedback, no canceled projects, no disputed contracts, etc. But the work has dried up. The last project purchase was 20 days ago and while I have a couple of contracts still ongoing, they don't amount to much. I have been bidding on projects for the last 10 days with no hits, not even a message asking a question.

Am I irrelevant? Is this a sign of things to come? 😮

Is anyone else experiencing this massive slowdown? 

3 REPLIES 3
elyannie
Community Member

It could be due to the stock market. It's on a downward trend. Also, gas prices are quite high. All of this creates fear in the economy and people spend less money in general. I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong, just a normal fluctuation which hopefully we will be bouncing back from soon. 💖 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Heather L wrote:

I have stayed consistently busy for the last several years, even at the initial Covid outbreak. People were buying multiple projects a week and I was working on contracts to the point that I rarely had to look for new work—the work was finding me. Nothing has changed on my end. No negative feedback, no canceled projects, no disputed contracts, etc. But the work has dried up. The last project purchase was 20 days ago and while I have a couple of contracts still ongoing, they don't amount to much. I have been bidding on projects for the last 10 days with no hits, not even a message asking a question.

Am I irrelevant? Is this a sign of things to come? 😮

Is anyone else experiencing this massive slowdown? 

I think a lot of people are on holidays after going nowhere for the past two years. 

Ah yes! Fourth of July lands on Monday this year, that definitely creates an incentive for a long weekend 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members