🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What's missing , after 600Projects completion...
Page options
kalaani
Community Member

What's missing , after 600Projects completion and 13 yrs of freelancing will end ?

Hello Everybody ... !

Its really frustrating, after 13 years freelancing in here and completing 600 plus projects why i cannot go to next level  

Or even i was not even earned 5000$ for last 12 months , 100$ in last 3 months . Now i truly believe i have weird account .

Is there anyone show me the problem ? 

• I was never , copy pasting proposals 
  • Have good portfolio in here and show extra great works when submitting proposals
  • Have pro account 
  • Buy Connects regularly 
  • Rate set to 25$ to 100$ time to time 
  • Created project catalog projects 
  • Bid early as possible on Nations
  • Ready to call and discuss 
  • Optimised profile time to time with various tactics, Keywords ...
  • Had great relationship with previous clients and some come again to do the work 

Why i say i have weird account .

• Never ever came on first few pages when searching .
  • Only show 400 or projects in history , rest of the history is missing 

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

I understand your frustration; the same thing is happening with thousands, if not millions of freelancers. However, I do not see anything wrong or weird about your profile.

You can see the criteria for becoming Top-Rated here. My guess is that one or more of those criteria has not been met.

For search results, your profile appears on page 1 for your main skill category. I searched using the following criteria: Location: Sri Lanka; Skill Category: Presentation Design. You appeared in position 5 on page 1:

celgins_2-1706107737454.png

It is worth noting that profiles are not stationary in search results; profiles are moved up and down search results to allow everyone a chance to be seen by clients. Even with a 90%+JSS, 600+ jobs completed, and a good profile, your profile will still move around in search results. You might appear on page 1 this week and drop to page 30 next week.

Regarding your work history: The number of jobs completed may differ depending on how a search is conducted. For logged in users, the number should show 629 total jobs. For logged out users, the number might be different. This is by design; Upwork only shows a glimpse of your activity to logged off users. You can read a little more here: Completed Jobs Not Showing.

kalaani
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for input .

I was top rated for years and for some reason i couldn't go beyond that point .
When you search with , country specific keyword .. yes my name is pop up . 
But globally it never comes up . I know they say profile listing is not stationary but my observation is, there are some profiles are stationary. I observed this for years , may be i have screenshots and will show you if available . 

Few years ago, upwork brought localisation and gave more advantage to USA based freelancers for some what .

And once there strategy was to cut freelancers that not effective on this platform. So unwanted spaming , bidding cut down for reasonable way. 

We can see there are huge number of low budget projects compare to previous years . It's getting higher and higher . 

Competition to bid early as possible is too large . After several minutes of posing a project, we can see huge number of proposals . Lots of are not fans of new connect system , there pricing .

These are just few things from what i have learned .

At the end we all know UpWork has big data to observe and algorithms to run and do what they want. BTW i feel quality of place is going down little bit .

I came here from Elance and Did work for Odesk and saw how top management work / strategies of different CEOs.

At the end for some people this the place where build there business over the years. For some, so stressful situation and life threatening.

NEED SOME CARE AND MUCH SAFER PLACE !!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members