🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When a job expires?
Page options
crod26
Community Member

When a job expires?

Do you get your connects back if a job expires? I can't remember if Upwork does that at all/ anymore?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Christina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. No, we do not return Connects if the job is expired. In the following cases, Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

If you have applied for a job and it’s no longer available because of a violation or wasted Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return your Connects. In these cases, Connects are credited back to your account for reuse — not for a refund of their cash value.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Christina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. No, we do not return Connects if the job is expired. In the following cases, Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

If you have applied for a job and it’s no longer available because of a violation or wasted Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return your Connects. In these cases, Connects are credited back to your account for reuse — not for a refund of their cash value.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
crod26
Community Member

Ok. Thanks. I'll be more careful with the jobs I apply to since some clients just don't take the job down when they hire someone. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members