🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

Its been a couple of months I did some projects on upwork, I've read the JSS updates every 2 weeks, but mine is still stuck at 0%.
Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Can't reach support as well as they don't have a dedicated email address nor I can open a ticket.

Hey, Haseeb.

Upwork caches the request, for fast response purposes, you may need to clear your browser cache and try again.

It shows 'not yet available' even in the mobile applicaion

You should not try to open a ticket. You need more jobs for a JSS. 

Have you read the help section? Everything is explained there. 

I didn't find anything that it is calculated when the jobs exceed a specific number.
Still thanks for letting me know, cheers

Can someone give me an assistance on when will I see my JSS? I had 3 completed contracts already and 2 contracts that is in progress. I'm already at $1000 earnings this week including my IN REVIEW payment, should i be qualified to TOP RATED automatically? Thanks in advance!

To get JSS you need to have 4 contracts closed within 2 years, and at least 2 of them need to be with different clients. To become top rated you need 13 top rated eligible weeks out of 16. You can see the number of eligible weeks you have in your My Stats page.

thanks for the reply!

I have Top Rated Eligible 16 weeks out of 16.  Does this mean that when i have a $1000 earnings my badge will automaticaly change to TOP RATED? Thanks in advance. 

I have Top Rated Eligible 16 weeks out of 16.  Does this mean that when i have a $1000 earnings my badge will automaticaly change to TOP RATED? Thanks in advance. 

You need to have JSS ( 90%+ ) before you can get top rated badge. To get JSS you need at least 4 projects closed.

I have already completed several jobs, but my JSS doesn't appear on my profile. What can I do?
Also, when can I become Top Rated? How many jobs do I need to complete for that?

Probably at the next update. For top rated you need, among other things, 13 weeks over 90% JSS. 

Hi, Upwork Team!

Recently, I have found some blogs about the jss on upwork and most of them are saying that I should finish 4 contracts from 3 different clients.

So, I took a look at my all contracts and I think I should get a JSS.

Then, Why I can't see the JSS? Are there any restrictions?

Please help.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. 

Please check this help article to learn more about Job Success Score.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9bdd995
Community Member

I have met all requirement for JSS but still not getting can you please help me to get JSS

I have 2 projects closed on my profile(5 Star review) and I got 3 ongoing projects. I have seen people with 1k+ income and they have badges and JSS. 

What should I have to do? 

OR 
What am I doing wrong? 

Regards,
Ali 

For a JSS, you usually need to have reviews from 4 or 5 clients. I'm not sure about rising talent. You won't get a TR week count until you have a JSS (if I understand the process correctly).

What you probably need to do is wait a bit while enjoying the money you are earning. 👍

Yesterday my Job Success Score was 92% and now the score has disappeared. It is showing not yet available. Please help!

Hi Tushar, 

It looks like your oldest contracts have fallen from your calculation window. Please know that in order to calculate a JSS you need to complete Projects with 2 (or more) different clients and 4 (or more) different contracts in the last 24 months.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have done 6 jobs and 2 jobs are in progress, Earned $1k+, Worked 100+ hours but still don't have any badge nor have JSS. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
Here is my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0104768d55fa9188f3?viewMode=1

It only includes completed contracts over the last 24 months, and you need at least 4-5 contracts from a minimum of 3 different clients.

I have completed 6 jobs from 5 clients. Including 1 project catalog.

Hello,I  joined Upwork roughly 2 weeks ago I got Rising talent, did 2 jobs and got 4.6 as rating (each). I am wondering when will my JSS start showing? is it after 16weeks from now?

I am currently on 2 long contracts with great clients, I am sure I will get a 5Star from them.

Will I still get Top Rated? Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wilson,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

To learn about the Top Rated requirements, click here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members