🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When we need to boost our proposals
Page options
ahmedabuwarda1
Community Member

When we need to boost our proposals

Sometimes I see the boost button, but athertimes not?
when does it will appear and why?

1 REPLY 1
bilal1983
Community Member

Well-established freelancers have advised that boosting proposals does not really increase chances of landing more jobs.

A boosted proposal goes to the top of the pile of applications, and the client sees that someone has paid extra connects. It is believed that some clients actually ignore boosted proposals, as there is no guarantee that that applicant is well-qualified. They take them as employers would take job applicants referred to them by friends or family, not knowing whether they are fit for the job.

So, should you boost proposals or not?

I'd advise not to boost proposals and save those extra connects. Instead, only apply to jobs which fit your skills and profile really well, and over an extended period you will notice that no matter how many applicants, clients will read proposals of candidates that fit well and hire them.

Every now and then, if you feel like testing the feature, you can boost proposals to see how it works out. Personally, I only tried it a few times initially and then just stuck to sending out normal proposals.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members