🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where did the testimonial section go?
Page options
6021806c
Community Member

Where did the testimonial section go?

Hello:

The last week I asked a few clients to leave their testimonials and for a few days, I saw the "?" symbol saying that testimonials would appear after review. But today I went to my profile to see the state of it and I found they're gone. Where did the testimonial section go? 

Regards!

Horace

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

We would like to confirm that the issue has already been resolved. Please clear your browser's cache and cookies and let us know if the issue persists on your end by replying to my post. 

Thank you for your patience!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
0701a891
Community Member

I asked someone to write a testimonial for me and they submitted it, but I never saw it and now it does not even show that it is pending. All I can assume is that the testimonial was not approved for some reason, but I am not sure why it wouldn't have been. I did not receive any kind of notification or communication about the testimonial from Upwork. I would appreciate any insight into this issue and how it can be resolved.

b665a5fb
Community Member

Hi team,

I've asked my non-Upwork client to send me a testimonial. It has been in review for several days. However, it's not showing now on my profile.

ArjayM

Hi Dear Members,

Thank you for reporting these errors and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your report to the appropriate team for further review. Rest assured that they will take a closer look and take action accordingly. We will keep this thread updated if this has been resolved.

**Edited for updates**

The team will first have to check the status of your testimonials and please expect an update via a support ticket once it's been set up here. Don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you need further assistance and you will surely be assisted accordingly. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
6021806c
Community Member

Hello: Thank you so much for fixing the problem! I can see the testimonials now on my profile! Send my regards to the Upwork team and Congratulations!

Cheers!

Horace

nasti_novikova
Community Member

Hello!
I sent a testimonials to three clients, I saw they was on "pending" since on September 8th. But today I can't see any "testimonial" section in main profile settings, and there are no "testimonials" at all in my only one specialize profile. Can you halp me to find a "testimonial" section with the status of testimonials from my clients?

Hi Nastya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
54d56f39
Community Member

Hello there

I requested testimony from one of my clients have worked with, and I have sent the request since Friday 10 /09/2022 I can see that the requests are still pending since the day I sent it but when I checked it today I couldn't find the testimony on my account what happens mind you have been working with this person before joining this platform. Kindly help me with this issue and I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

Mayowa

831f4372
Community Member

I have sent testimonial links to my past clients and it was showing that the testimonials were pending. I logged back in again today and the entire section has been completely wiped and reset. I tried looking for answers under the help section but there's nothing concrete there. 

Hi Yash,

I apologize for the delay in response. I shared your report with our team and I'll be updating this thread once we have more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Testimonial Section is not showing up on my profile. I checked yesterday and today as well but the very section is missing from my profile. 

P.S.
check the attached image.

Capture 1.PNG

Hello!

I have a few issues with my testimonials section.

I requested a testimonial from a colleague. She said that she replied to it. But it doesn't show on my profile. It doesn't even show that it's "waiting to be approved" or something. It only says what it said before when I hadn't requested any testimonials. I didn't get an email either about any refusal if that would be the case. And I get emails from Upwork regularly about how I earned connects, so my email can't be the issue.

Now I wanted to go and request another testimonial from a different person, but it doesn't let me click on it! Nothing happens when I click on the "+" sign or "Request a testimonial" button. 

Anyone has an idea why that happens and how I can find a way to fix it?

Hi Idil,

Our team is aware of the issue and currently working on resolving it. We'll keep this thread posted whenever we receive an update or if it's been resolved. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
cf66e3af
Community Member

I have sort of the same issue, I have sent testimonial links to my past clients and it was showing that the testimonials were pending. I logged back in again today, and now either of two things is happening, sometimes the Testimonial section completely disappears, and other times when it does appear it's completely empty - won't even show the requested testimonial thing...

6021806c
Community Member

Hi Arjay. My problem was solved but it's back. Another client sent his testimonial and the testimonials in my profile have disappeared, all of them are gone. Is it possible that when a testimonial goes pending for review, for some reason everything goes hidden? 

Hi Horacio,

We truly appreciate you updating us. I checked your account and it looks like the issue has been resolved. I can now see Testimonials on your profile. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies and check that again? Let us know if the persists so we can have this further reviewed by the team. Looking forward to your confirmation. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
8c42561a
Community Member

Hello Arjay!

My testimonial problem was solved, and I could see my requested testimonial on my profile. Thank you for that!

However, I requested another testimonial, and now I'm facing the same problem. The testimonials section looks like I never got any testimonials. 

Kind regards,
Idil

Hi Idil,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the same issue. I have submitted a follow-up to the team. They will surely take a closer look at this section and we'll keep this thread updated once we get a response or if it's been resolved. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
benjaminantoni
Community Member

Hello. I have the same issue. I recently (this week) received two confirmed testimonials (via email notifications) but the section on my profile is entirely empty, as if I had 0 testimonials. And other pending testimonials are also not showing as pending.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
fa51e9d8
Community Member

I requested testimonial from one of my clients that I have worked with and they submitted it but Testimonial Section  is missing from my profile. 

Hi Hadia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
6cc053e2
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I am having the same issue. I requested a testimonial from a client of mine from outsdie Upwork today - she text me to confirm she received the request and completed a testimonial. However, I didn't get any notification from Upwork and now the Testimonials section is missing from my profile completely. I have several more clients I'd like to request a testimonial from. Any assistance is appreciated! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather, 

I've notified the team about your concern. If there's a need to reach out to you with more information, they will do so through an email support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fastgeek222
Community Member

I can't see the testimonial section on my profile. What could have caused it? Please help me look into this.

Hi Abimbola,

I have reached out to the relevant team to review your report. One of the members will be reaching out via a support ticket with further assistance. Kindly expect an update here once your ticket has been set up. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee8f6b37
Community Member

THE TESTIMONIAL SECTION DISAPPEARED ISSUE!

Hey,

Two of my past clients submitted testimonials against my profile, but the section disappeared from my Profile, Kindly help and resolve this issue at your earliest! 

Thankyou!

Hi Hafsa,

Please note that this is a known issue and our team is currently working on resolving it. We'll be sure to keep this thread updated once we have more information to share.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8c42561a
Community Member

Hello!

I requested a testimonial from a colleague. She said that she replied to it. But it doesn't show on my profile. It doesn't even show that it's "waiting to be approved" or something. It only says what it said before when I hadn't requested any testimonials. I didn't get an email either about any refusal if that would be the case. And I get emails from Upwork regularly about how I earned connects, so my email can't be the issue.

Now I wanted to go and request another testimonial from a different person, but it doesn't let me click on it! Nothing happens when I click on the "+" sign or "Request a testimonial" button. Anyone has an idea why that happens and how I can find a way to fix it?

****UPDATE****

Now the testimonials section has completely disappeared. I hope this problem gets resolved soon

Thanks in advance,

İdil 

Hi, so I had this option of requesting Testimonials from past Non-Upwork clients on my profile. . a Few days ago, I requested a testimonial from my previous client (who's not on Upwork obviously), he accepted and submit his feedback yesterday, when I checked my profile to see the testimonial - the whole testimonial section just disappeared! it's not there.. There's no feature/section anymore!
 . Can anyone from support help me, please? Thanks.

update:
Idk how but half an hour later after making this post , the Testimonial Section re-appeard again.
But when I click on "Request a Testimonial" the button seems to be not working, cuz nothing happens after I click on it. 
Also, I don't see the testimonial of my previous client who submitted his testimonial yesterday as I mentioned in original post, and it's also not showing the status of that request. Attaching screenshot.

samadshamsi_0-1663839438942.png

Hi Samad,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,
Thanks for the reply.
Basically, I'm having issue with "testimonials" section on my profile. 
It just disappears out of nowehere, (attaching screenshot below) as you can see I don't have testimonial section available on my profile.

This problem started right after I requested for a testimonial from my previous client, and when the client submitted their review I found there's no section of Testimonials anymore. 

In short, the Testimonial feature which was available to me on my profile and I could use to take feedback from my non-Upwork clients - just got disappeared from my profile, I cant see that feature anymore after my non-Upwork client submitted their testimonial.

NOTE: I'm using Chrome, and Android app, and facing same issues in both.

UPDATE: just got an email from Upwork that my Client's testimonial is approved and now Testimonial Section reappeared on my profile. So It's solved now 🙂

Good day,

My name is Nick, and I have some issues.

I sent testimonial links to my past clients, showing that the testimonials were pending. I logged back in again today, and now either of two things is happening, sometimes the Testimonial section completely disappears, and other times when it does appear, it's empty - it won't even show the requested testimonial thing.

Please, how can this be sorted out?

same. did you figure out why?

Hi, I was trying to complete my profile and while sending requests for testimonials the section just disappeared. Since then I refreshed and researched every thread but I just can't find why did this happen. And no I am not talking about testimonials disappearing but the whole section. It's not visible, I can't request a testimonial if I don't have that section in my profile. Can anyone help?

Hey Tabina,

Have you tried a different browser, may be you had something cache or could be an Upwork bug,

I would contact them and ask.

I already contacted them but I have not got a response from them yet. 

The funny thing is the mobile application of upwork is also having the same problem. No testimonial section showing up on my profile. 

Sorry to hear that, sounds like a BUG to me.

Hey,

I've sent five testimonial responses to former clients. The first three ones came through, after the bug mentioned here was resolved: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Where-did-the-testimonial-section-go/m-p/1170836#M710764

The other two clients claim that they have written the testimonials some time ago, but they do not show as "pending," like the other three did. They still say "awaiting [Client Name] response."

Is there any way to move that process forward?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members