🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Who will vote for my suggestions to improve t...
Page options
tmcdos
Community Member

Who will vote for my suggestions to improve the platform for the whole community?

My suggestions to Upwork management are simple:

1. Create a public bugtracker (e.g. similar to Github issues) so the whole community can see how many bugs have been reported, how quickly is Upwork solving these bugs and how often there is a regression when introducing new features.
  2. The same bugtracker can be used to track all ideas, suggestions and proposals from the community how to improve the platform - and even to allow voting on each suggestion and thus put a priority for the development of each new feature.
  3. Introduce a penalty on Upwork when the fixing of some trivial bug (or regression) takes ridiculously long time - for example, the bug with the missing Save Job Search button is known for 2 weeks already and still not fixed; there was a short timeframe during the previous weekend when a reverted codebase has been deployed and the bug was gone, then again the new code has been deployed and the bug is still there even at this very moment. In the end of the day - if the Upwork's own team is overloaded (I will refrain myself from saying "incapable") then you can always hire (even temporarily) one of us, the top-rated freelancers on this platform. Right?

If someone else feels the same - please vote for these suggestions, hopefully the management will finally start paying significantly more attention to us.

2 REPLIES 2
geri_kol
Community Member

These suggestions are all great Ivaylo, but I doubt they will be implemented because they favor transparency on the part of Upwork and Upwork is not interested in transparency -  even though freelancers pay significant fees and commissions, a portion of which should be used precisely to provide professional platform management. 

fkupwork
Community Member

I feel the same. But if it doesn't help UpWork be more comfortable, UpWork won't take it. It's as simple as that. 

Anyways, can I DM you to discuss something which is unrelated to this topic?

Sahan (Unofficial Nickname)
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members