🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I can see this problem?
Page options
jannat-sheikh
Community Member

Why I can see this problem?

I am Top Rated Freelancer but when I am going to apply for a project I can see that I am not under rising talent.

Not sure why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hello everybody,

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Our engineers have released a fix for this issue. Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers shouldn't be seeing notifications that they don't meet Rising Talent preferences on jobs posted going forward. Please, let us know if you're Top Rated or Rising Talent freelancer but still see those notifications on some of the older jobs. 

We've also forwarded general feedback that was shared on this thread about the preference settings with the team. We'll be looking into making it clearer on the site how these settings work. 

Update: We'll be closing this thread from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

105 REPLIES 105

Hi Dr. Irfan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
chrstnslvdr
Community Member

image.png

I already got my rising talent badge but I saw this qualification that I did not met and have JSS.

image.png

Hi Christine Bernadet,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
darwishmo
Community Member

Dear Patra

Have a good day,

I got my Top rated badge but still have a problem with rising talent and I don't know what else should I do to get it.

Would you please tell me what should I do to get it?

Thank you in advance,

Darwish

Hi Mohamed,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ahmedfahad2021
Community Member

I have a rising talent badge but when I apply for a job it shows red highlight in criteria. Screen short attached. Why is it so. I m I not eligible for jobs required rising talent?problem.PNG

Ahmed Abdikadir A wrote:

I have a rising talent badge but when I apply for a job it shows red highlight in criteria. Screen short attached. Why is it so. I m I not eligible for jobs required rising talent?

When I bring up your profile there is no Rising Talent badge.

no rising talent badge.png

Either way, you are welcome to apply even if you don't meet all preferences.

Important hint: You need to remove the contact info from your profile if you don't want to get into serious trouble with Upwork .

Hint 2: You want to remove that horrible 1940s Third Reich looking font. You are trying to sell yourself as a creative. That really isn't selling you as someone who cares about aesthetics. 

Firstly, thank you for your kindly advice. I am on it ASAP. but i see the
badge in my profile i also acquired 30 connects and in my connects history
it says rising talent achievement.
Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

I can confirm you do have the Rising Talent badge and I've manually updated your profile to make sure it is showing the latest information. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with the job post requirements issue.

~Andrea
Upwork

Many thanks to you. I really appreciated your help.
richard_wein
Community Member

I don't know how long it's been like this, but recently I've noticed many jobs that have "Rising Talent: Yes" under "Preferred Qualifications". Since I'm Top Rated and not Rising Talent, this requirement is marked with a red blob for me, and I suspect this means that clients are being told that I don't meet all their requirements. Perhaps it also means that my proposals are appearing lower down in the "relevance" order than someone who has Rising Talent.

I guess there may be some clients who prefer a Rising Talent to a freelancer with more Upwork experience, perhaps because they think such a freelancer will be cheaper, or because they want to give a new Upworker a chance. But I doubt that this is true in most of these cases. They've probably just checked that preference box because they don't know what it means, but it sounds good. Or perhaps this is the default setting.

When I started on Upwork (4 years ago), there was an option called "Include Rising Talent". I believe this was a supplement to the "X% JSS" requirement, so the combination of the two options meant "I prefer a freelancer with at least X% JSS OR Rising Talent". That made sense. The current system doesn't seem to make as much sense. Or am I missing something?

I think it is a bug Upwork is working on. There are many similar threads here.

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3d025f69
Community Member

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I have a JSS of 100%, but whenever I try to propose to a job where the client has put Rising talent as their preference, I get a red exclamation mark on it. I had the Rising talent badge before I had my JSS and I believe one can't have a JSS without having an RT first, right? So I would appreciate it if someone clarifies for me what the problem is.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Asmerom Estifanos,

~ Joanne
Upwork
3d025f69
Community Member

Thanks for your prompt reply, Joanne.
3d025f69
Community Member

Hi Joanne, btw the support ticket you linked is not showing my request. And the issue is not solved yet either.
Thanks.

Hi Asmerom Estifanos,

I apologize for the delay. I'll go ahead and follow- up with the team. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
627d43f3
Community Member

Hello community members, It has been over 60 days since I started my old Upwork profile. I have earned over $2.5K in the last 60 days. I have positive reviews on my profile, but I'm still not getting a rising talent badge.

I don't care about the badge because I have 100% JSS, but whenever I opened any job to submit a proposal, they require that they needed a freelancer with a rising talent badge. What should I do?

My Upwork profile Link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ae9d83ef7d06cef3

Hi Hamza,

You may still apply to these jobs. Clients can set their preferences when they post a job, but these are not required. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
627d43f3
Community Member

Yeah, I know I can apply to these jobs, but before the opening proposal, they will see that my profile does not meet the criteria, so do you think they will open my proposal?

I want to know I meet all the requirements for even Top Rate, but still, I did not even get a rising talent badge.

Hi Hamza,

Clients do check the freelancer's profile if they see that you are fit for the position they are looking to fill even if you haven't earned a badge yet. You might want to check out the following to help you write proposals: 

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write a Cover Letter

~ Joanne
Upwork
owen_labjata
Community Member

Hello good day,

I'm having the same Rising Talent issue. That when I apply for a job the the Rising Talent preferred qualification is in color red . 

Please check this. Thank you so much

Hi Owen,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
suren904
Community Member

Hello!

Thanks for your time.

I've recently joined Upwork in may of 2021. I'm pretty serious about Upwork and I want to do everything in my power to make this journey more successful. 
I have a 100% completed profile. And 5 Jobs with 3 Five star reviews. But I haven't received my rising talent badge yet!

But I have a JSS score. (I received them two days ago) I'm really grateful for that. But I thought my rising talent badge was converted into JSS directly cause I have clients.

Sadly, I understood It's not the case. I just came to know that Upwork will invite me to the rising talent program. I haven't received any mail regarding this!

I would have just left it, But the problem is I still have the red mark in the preferred qualification section.

That's what bothers me. (See the image attached)

I have applied to jobs previously with this red mark, But in vain. (Understand that there would be many reasons besides that red mark). As I said before I would want to do everything in my power to get noticed by the clients.

And recently I got to know the client-side of things, They have this thing called "BEST-MATCH"

(see the image). If I don't meet their rising talent preferred qualification, I won't be labelled by Upwork as "BEST-MATCH", Right?

These are my questions?

Is there any way for me to get the rising talent badge?

Does that red mark affect me in any way?

I sincerely thank you for your time, If you are someone from Upwork, Kindly help me get a riding talent badge.

Thanks again!

You can't get a rising talent badge if you already have a JSS score, and in any case, I'm starting to think that "best match" is completely random. As you can see from your example, two of the three people who are marked "best match" don't have badges either; in fact, they're brand new and look like they're completely unqualified. You can only hope that clients don't take these recommendations seriously, since they're so obviously false and unhelpful. So I'd say that you have just as much chance of being marked "best match" as anyone else.

How did you obtain that screen capture, by the way?

Hi Surendhiran,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
suren904
Community Member

Yes, I agree but I just want to know about other experienced freelancers take on this matter.

I wanted to know if I'm overreacting. If I should just let go of this issue and concentrate on other things.

I'm really sorry if this is redundant. 

Surendhiran S wrote:

Yes, I agree but I just want to know about other experienced freelancers take on this matter.

I wanted to know if I'm overreacting. If I should just let go of this issue and concentrate on other things.

I'm really sorry if this is redundant. 

I don't think that you're overreacting - it's pretty unfair.

kathi-reynolds
Community Member

I'm beginning to get annoyed with the Rising Talent preferred qualifications. I have a 100% success score, yet when I see a job I want to apply for, it almost inevitably has Rising Talent as its preferred qualification. This means I am losing countless opportunities to apply for jobs I'm interested in. I am becoming very frustrated!

• Can I still apply to those jobs? If not, please explain to me why Rising Talent is a good thing when those of us who want to apply for those jobs cannot apply.
  • If I can apply, will the client ignore me because I don't have that badge, even though I have a 100% success score?

Thanks to anyone who can give me clarification.

Hi Kathi,

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ed954ca
Community Member

Hi,

I am Raihan, New to Upwork, I complete 4 jobs but without rising talent get a score,

Now how bid the job which Preferred qualifications needs Rising Talent?

Please reply.

Best regards

Raihan

Hi Mohammad,

I would like to confirm that this is a known problem and our team is working on resolving this as soon as possible. However, if you think that you're a perfect fit for the job, feel free to submit your proposal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8d6ba48b
Community Member

Hi Fellow Freelancers,

I have a JSS of 100% but when applying for the jobs requiring a rising talent badge, it says I'm not qualified. As far as I know, If I have a JSS, I should be qualified for rising talent right ?

Due to this, I missed out some potentially important jobs.

Thanks.

PFA

petra_r
Community Member

Anirudh S wrote:

I have a JSS of 100% but when applying for the jobs requiring a rising talent badge, it says I'm not qualified.

Due to this, I missed out some potentially important jobs.

It's a bug and they're trying to fix it.

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from applying though.

rolludesig
Community Member

hi all,

off lately i am seeing lot of projects with requirement of rising talent badge, i am above it and i am wondering are my proposals getting archived or not visible to client directly as it show i dont meet rising talent requirement?

being a top rated plus freelancer this requirements should be by passed in case of top rated freelancers isnt it?

Hi Rahul,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. I would like to confirm that our team is aware of this problem and is working on resolving it as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi goran

is this a bug? kindly update me its costing me connects and projects as well..can i get a time estimate by when this issue will be resolved please

Hi Rahul,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi goran

thanks so much will be waiting for the ticket and assistance from your side

regards

Rahul

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members