🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why'd a client not respond after I submit my ...
Page options
amy_copywriter
Community Member

Why'd a client not respond after I submit my work?

Hello everyone,

I have two clients that I have already completed their projects but the problem is this: they are not responding to my messages.

I don't know what to do right now. Please, what are the possible reasons for such behavior and what do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Okeke C wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have two clients that I have already completed their projects but the problem is this: they are not responding to my messages.

I don't know what to do right now. Please, what are the possible reasons for such behavior and what do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

Why do you need the clients to respond?

Are the contracts fixed rate or hourly?

If fixed rate: Did you properly submit the work through the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract? Then you get paid 14 days afterward if the client does nothing else.

If hourly: did you correctly track the time you spent working with the Upwork tracker? Then you also get paid automatically.

amy_copywriter
Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I usually like my clients to go through the work before I click the 'Submit my project' button. Have I been doing it wrongly.

roberty1y
Community Member

I'd suggest you send one message asking them to review the work and see if it's OK. If they don't reply within a couple of weeks, you just submit your work for payment. In my experience, a lot of clients just ignore you once they've got what they want. They don't even tell you that they're satisfied. It would be better if you could get them to close the contract and thus leave feedback, but that isn't always possible.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members