🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Why didn't I know a job was no longer availab...
Page options
garroutte_kelly
Community Member

Why didn't I know a job was no longer available until I spent an hour preparing a proposal?

This is a very frustrating waste of time.

**Edited for community guidelines**

up2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Kelly G wrote:

Why didn't I know a job was no longer available until I spent an hour preparing a proposal.

Because it was still available when you first saw it, then became unavailable by the time you were done an hour later.

Why would you spend AN HOUR writing a proposal for a bottom-level cheap job at pondlife-rates?

I spent an hour on it because I had to research how to look up keywords and I'm a new writer trying to build my reputation which is why I submitted a proposal for a project (a how to book) that I got credit for writing. It would look great on my profile.

If you know better ways to build credibility and value please let me know, because I need all the help I can get.

How coincidental is it that it became unavailable in the 1 hour time frame in which I put it together? They were supposedly looking for 99+ writers...

lol that client is pretty infamous on Upwork.

Kelly G wrote:

It would look great on my profile.

How coincidental is it that it became unavailable in the 1 hour time frame in which I put it together? They were supposedly looking for 99+ writers...

They've been looking for 99 freelancers for literally years and no, it wouldn't look great on your profile.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths