🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why don't I have JSS?
Page options
9606c66f
Community Member

Why don't I have JSS?

Hi,

As per Upwork policy to get JSS, the minimum requirement is to do the project with two different clients, I am done with my 9 projects and with multiple clients as well but have yet to receive the JSS. I have posted this request a number of times. Further, my earning has exceeded $1k+ and I'm eligible for being rated as top rated.

You're requested to please look into this matter and consider giving me the JSS and top rated badge as soon as possible.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Falaq

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Loralie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

262 REPLIES 262

You have only 2 feedbacks. Must be 4 more. Keep working to always have fresh feedbacks for last year.

Hi Precious!  I'm sorry to hear that you don't see a JSS on your profile.  To get a JSS, you need to complete:

Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change or disappear due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.  Your score will return when we have data from recent clients and jobs.

~ Ruth
john-mirito
Community Member

Hello,

I noticed my job success rating has disappeared from my profile (was at 92% last). What could be the problem? I am worried it may be hurting my chances of securing jobs. Please assist.
Regards.

You have not enough feedbacks. Must be 4 more for last 2 years.

Dear John M,

if yo are not active long time or not rely any client and if you probably don't have enough outcomes in long time. so you lost this opportunity if you active again you back your last position....

e7a3d357
Community Member

Hi upwork moderator.

I've completed 5 contracts from different clients. But JSS is not available yet on my profile. Is there any reason?

Or can anyone help me to show it up on my profile?

Thank you in advance.

e98a1c95
Community Member

How to get an upwork success rate badge?

Hi Faizan,

A JSS is a Job Success Score that reflects your reputation and performance on the platform. To obtain a JSS, you must meet the following criteria:

- Work on projects with at least two different clients
- Complete at least four different contracts within a 24-month period
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction and feedback

Most freelancers receive a JSS after finishing five projects, and almost all freelancers have a JSS after eight projects.

- Pradeep

Upwork

thanku

anjum_714
Community Member

Hey! My profile is not showing JSS even after completing several jobs on upwork with different clients. What am I missing?

91cfaef7
Community Member

Hye Folks!

Hope you are doing great.

When do we get JSS on our profile?

I would highly appreciate your support. 

Thank you 

Amir Khurshid
celgins
Community Member

There are hundreds of posts in this forum about the JSS. You can find everything you need to know about the JSS here.

berlinerbinich
Community Member

Hi,
I have had 4 completed different contrancts from 4 clients. I have excellent feedback for all contracts.
According to upwork, that is what I need for a JSS, still I have not got my JSS. Whould you please check it?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

9cb8397f
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I've achieved the Rising Talent badge. After completing four projects for three different clients my Job Success Score (JSS) hasn't updated to reflect my recent accomplishments. Any insights or advice on expediting the update would be appreciated.

Best
Sehrish.

Hi Sehrish,

We understand your concern and truly admire your eagerness to get your Job Success Score. However, please remember that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after five projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can earn a Top Rated badge after you meet all the requirements mentioned here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
msaiyed
Community Member

Hey,

Last week I was having 100% JSS and Top Rated Badge. This week JSS is not showing in my profile and lost the TOP Rated Badge too. I have 2 running jobs and didnt receive any negative feedback in last 3 months. Any reason for disappearing the JSS and badge?

Thanks,
Manzoor Saiyed

Dear ,

JSS will appear in your profile when you will complete three or four job with different client

Dear Muhammad,

My profile is already old. I have completed more than 50 jobs and earned more than 10k. Last week I earned the Top Rated badge and this week badge and Jss is not appearing on my profile. Kindly check my profile.

Thanks

Hi Manzoor,

I am sorry to hear about your JSS and Top Rated badge removal. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8d54ae39
Community Member

My JSS is not showing even i have compeleted 4 to 6 contracts from 3 different clients to get a JSS.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. As seen in the attached screenshot, the scores were calculated on Dec 25th. I see that two contracts were recently ended. These contracts will be included in the next update. Feel free to message us if you do not see the JSS in the next update.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,
I have the same problem JSS is not shown, although I have successfully completed 5 projects with 4 freelancers, the last one a few weeks ago.

berlinerbinich
Community Member

I have the same issue with 5 completed projects with 4 freelancers, have asked for support in Sep. (see above), unfortunately still no aswer.

Hi Ruhollah,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it looks like you don't have a JSS due to lack of enough work history. To earn a JSS, you need to meet these requirements:

- Work with at least two different clients on different projects
- Complete at least four different contracts in a span of 24 months
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction and feedback

Typically, freelancers get a JSS after completing five projects, and almost all freelancers have a JSS after finishing eight projects.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,
Thank you for your answer.
Actually I have finished 4 projects with 4 different customers within last 12 months, all with very positive feedback. See the attached screenshot please.
That is more than required to get JSS, or am I missing sth?

berlinerbinich_0-1696929661063.png

Hi Ruhollah,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

All the conditions in that article are satisfied, and even more, Now you are talking about "unwritten rules". To be consistent is a virtue.

e0987fb4
Community Member

HI I am Ankita ...I have been working on upwork science 14 JULY 2023 and earned a rising talent badge..I completed total 4 jobs and 2 in progress job till now..in the 4 total jobs 1 client end the contract after 2 months of completation of the work and provide me feedback (5 star rating)..and rest of 3 contract client give me mid job feedback (5 star rating) but does'nt end the contact..So today I ended a contract one of them...

My first question-

1) When I can show my JSS  on my profile ?

2) Self Ending contract with mid job feedback can effect my JSS?

3)Can I end rest of the 3 contracts ?

Iattached some screen short of my profile stats and feedbacks..

Hi Ankita, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let me help you with your queries.

1. The time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

2. Mid-contract feedback does not factor into your Job Success Score. Learn more here.

3. Yes, you can. As long as there's no work needed anymore, you may end the contract by following the steps listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork

1) Ending a contract my self is that effect on my jss count?

Also I have a question-

20 september client gave me a hourly rate project I submitted my work 23 sep..24 september my payment is in review and client end the contract before payment release..and give me 5 star and good feedback...It is not showing in my work history also not in progress work..when the work and feedback will appear in my work history ?

Hi Ankita,

Thank you for your message. Ending the contract from your end will only impact your JSS if the client leaves a low rating. 

About the job/feedback not appearing on your work history, it takes up to 24 hours after your earnings are processed on the contract. For Hourly Contracts, this means after the client has been successfully charged for the hours worked the week before. Learn more about the Weekly Billing Cycle here

For Fixed-Price Contracts, this means after payment for the first milestone has been released. Learn more about how you Get Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts here

Just a friendly reminder, please avoid creating multiple posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much.. But before ending the contract client give me 5 star mid job feedback and the client work was successfully submitted....but client is not responding after work submission so I end contract my self...what is the effect for that?

Ankita, Mid-contract feedback is public and shows on your Work History but will not be included in the JSS calculation. You can refer to this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
89efc0d6
Community Member

Hello guys!

I've recently completed 8 total jobs on Upwork, with 3 of the jobs rated by clients. However, I've noticed that I haven't received my Job Success Score yet.

According to the Upwork article on Job Success Score, it mentions that to get a score, freelancers need to complete projects with 2 or more different clients who left feedback and have 4 or more different contracts within 24 months. The article also suggests that most freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

Given this information, I was wondering when I can expect to receive my Job Success Score? Is there a specific timeframe I should be aware of? Any insights or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Houssem,

Given what you shared and your recent contracts, it seems you're close to obtaining a Job Success Score, but keep in mind that you have a few contracts without any feedback. Contracts without feedback don't affect your JSS. In addition, the score updates every other week on Sundays; the last update occurred last week. You can check this announcement and this help article to learn more about how your JSS is calculated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
89efc0d6
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you for the information! I've recently achieved my Job Success Score, and I've also obtained the Upwork Skill Certification in illustration. I appreciate your support and guidance.

- Houssem

k_kalidu
Community Member

Hello,

I  have recently noticed that my Job Success Score (JSS) is not displayed on my profile, despite the fact that I believe I meet all the criteria for its calculation. To provide context, here is a summary of my situation:
  • I have successfully completed 20+ contracts with more than two different clients on Upwork within the last 24 months.
  • I have received positive feedback from clients on the projects I have completed, and my average rating is 4.8/5.
  • I have actively maintained my profile and submitted proposals to new job postings.

Despite meeting these criteria and waiting for several update cycles, my JSS has not yet appeared on my profile. Could you please tell me why my JSS is not displaying on my profile and provide guidance on how I can ensure it is correctly calculated and visible to potential clients? 

If there are any specific actions I need to take or additional information you require to address this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am committed to resolving this issue and ensuring that my profile is in good standing.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response and guidance.

Profile Status.jpg

Hi Khaled,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Khaled,
True, you have fullfilled the official requirements, but you have not fullfilled the "unwritten requirements", look, up there in this thread, how upwork has answered me on 10. Oct.

The "unwritten requirements" are about abtain more than 4 positive reviews from 4+ diffirents clients?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members