🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why my client is Showing Suspended?
Page options
simpi
Community Member

Why my client is Showing Suspended?

Hello Guys,

I hope you all are doing well, safe and fine!

Three week ago one of client hired me in Upwork with 20 hours/week. I runned the billing smoothly for two weeks. But in the mid of the third week I was unable to bill. I login in the Upwork desktop and i seen the client id was shown "Suspended".

I quickly dropped the message to client about it with the screenshot. But till now none of the reply from client side. I also tried to contact Upwork customer care about it but they always reidrect their help page to this community.

So, finally i thinked why not take help from community. Overall here all are expert and i can expect the solution of my problem from you guys.

So, can anyone tell me how i resolve this issue? My client is not online from 6 days and I also unable to contact Upwork customer support to generate the ticket.

What is the solution to resume my project?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank You

Regards,

Usha Devi

1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
sjbercot
Community Member

Clients can become suspended for different reasons, and unfortunately no one here can tell you why your client was suspended. Check the email you use for Upwork, they probably sent you an email informing you not to work on your contract until the client is no longer supsended. I'd focus on other work until Upwork and the client sort this out.

Sarah B wrote:

Clients can become suspended for different reasons

While this is kind of true, in reaility it's around 99.99 % chances that it's a problem with client's credit card. 

Hope you didn't use manual hours like me before 😄

tarpindersingh
Community Member

It may be that your client's payment did not go through.  Ask your client to verify his/her payment method and stop working on the project as advised by Upwork.  Another reason could be a violation of TOS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members