🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will Upwork reimburse me for connects I used ...
Page options
eac2d3f5
Community Member

Will Upwork reimburse me for connects I used on a fraudulent client?

I spent 4 connects to send a proposal to a client who immediately sent a message requesting to conduct an interview via Telegram. This is a violation of Upwork TOS. I immediately marked the job as "flag as inappropriate." I request a refund for the 4 connects I used to apply for the job. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Nadia:

If you apply to a job...

And it turns out that the "client" is actually just a scammer, or is in some way violating Upwork ToS...

Then you can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job proposal page and REPORT the job.

If Upwork removes the job because it violates Upwork ToS, then you will AUTOMATICALLY receive the connects back that you spent in applying that job.

Even if SOMEBODY ELSE reports the job and Upwork removes it, you will get your connects back.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Nadia:

If you apply to a job...

And it turns out that the "client" is actually just a scammer, or is in some way violating Upwork ToS...

Then you can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job proposal page and REPORT the job.

If Upwork removes the job because it violates Upwork ToS, then you will AUTOMATICALLY receive the connects back that you spent in applying that job.

Even if SOMEBODY ELSE reports the job and Upwork removes it, you will get your connects back.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members