🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will this affect my Job Success Score? "Conta...
Page options
rainermolina
Community Member

Will this affect my Job Success Score? "Contact your client if you want this job to remain open"

Hi community, I hope you all are doing well! I have a problem, 3 months ago I started a fixed-price contract with a client I had previously worked with on Upwork since he needed me to make some illustrations for a manual, after he explained to me all that he needed for the manual I accepted the contract. After this, for me to start making the illustrations I needed him to send me pictures of his products, but as soon as I asked him for these pictures he told me that he would have to postpone making the manual.

I accepted postponing it and we kept on talking since we also have an hourly-based contract open, but two weeks later he stopped replying to me and asking me for work. I contacted him again later in order to start working on the manual and asking for the pictures but he never replied and the contract stayed open without any payment made.

Tonight I received this email from Upwork that says that the contract is going to be closed due to inactivity within 2 weeks:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Of course, I will contact the client again in order to know if he still wants the manual, but I want to know what he should do in this case to avoid the contract from closing. Also in case he doesn't reply, I want to know if the contract closes due to inactivity without a payment being released, will it affect my JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, it won't affect your JSS. It sounds like the client doesn't want the project, so just close it yourself. No need to contact support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sajal36
Community Member

Ask your client to contact Upwork. I believe once he contact Upwork then this can be work out.

Thanks for your recommendation, Sajal! I will keep it in mind in case he replies tomorrow. However, I would like to know in the worst-case scenario, i.e. if he never replies, when the job is closed due to inactivity, will it affect my JSS?

No, it won't affect your JSS. It sounds like the client doesn't want the project, so just close it yourself. No need to contact support.

rainermolina
Community Member

Thanks for your recommendation, Sajal! I will keep it in mind in case he replies tomorrow. However, I would like to know in the worst-case scenario, i.e. if he never replies, when the job is closed due to inactivity, will it affect my JSS?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members