🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wise Payment Missing!
Page options
hhumayun91
Community Member

Wise Payment Missing!

Hey all, 

So I transferred funds from Upwork to Wise on Friday (06/23/2023) and still haven't received anything in my Wise account as of today (06/27/2023)! It is my first time transferring - should I wait it out or should I submit a support ticket and get a refund?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all. 

best, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's common for the payment process with Wise to take longer than expected, as it is not officially integrated into Upwork like Payoneer. Upwork processes payments to your Wise US "bank account", unlike Payoneer, where you get paid instantly, so it's normal.

I suggest waiting for the payment to either revert back to your Upwork account or until it arrives in your Wise account. Keep checking your Wise account and consider downloading their app to receive instant notifications as soon as the payment is received.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
arsalan-m
Community Member

Don't worry... Your payment will be transferred soon. Upwork typically takes one business day to transfer funds to your Wise account. Since you requested the withdrawal over the weekend, the payment will be processed on a working day, and you should receive it in your Wise account today. I noticed that you are from PK, so please wait until 7-8 p.m. and you should see the payment in your account.

As a regular user of Wise, I can assure you that you will receive the payment. (if you have provided your wise account information correctly in your upwork payment section).

In the future, if you need to receive your payment within a day, I recommend avoiding withdrawals on Fridays. Once the payment is in your Wise account, you can easily withdraw it to your local bank within seconds.

Thank you so much. I'll wait till today before lodging an official complaint. I did provide the correct details (to my knowledge at least). Let's see. 

You wont get any assistance on Wise if you lodge a failed payment complaint.

Note that, Upwork does not provide direct or official support for Wise transactions. You may not receive assistance from Upwork regarding this matter. If the payment returns to your Upwork account, it typically indicates that there might be incorrect Wise account information entered on Upwork. I recommend waiting for another day before taking further action, especially if the payment status is still pending.

If it reverts back in your upwork account check this thread where i assisted how to correctly enter wise details on upwork.

Thank you so much for the help, honestly. Last question - do you reckon the delay could be because this is my first time transferring from Upwork to Wise? 

It's common for the payment process with Wise to take longer than expected, as it is not officially integrated into Upwork like Payoneer. Upwork processes payments to your Wise US "bank account", unlike Payoneer, where you get paid instantly, so it's normal.

I suggest waiting for the payment to either revert back to your Upwork account or until it arrives in your Wise account. Keep checking your Wise account and consider downloading their app to receive instant notifications as soon as the payment is received.

Perfect. Thanks heaps. It means a lot. 

Glad, it helped 🙂 

ad6d9f52
Community Member

Hello everyone, maybe this might help, I use WISE to receive payment in USD as well, this month, they changed their USD account partner and many (if not all) USD account details got changed, maybe that is why many of you may not have received their payments yet, better confirm with WISE that the USD account you are using is still the same and hasn't changed, otherwise, as per their support, it may take up to 5 business days for the refund to be visible on Upwork to process it again!

Hi Jean Pierre,

I am having this issue. I noticed the bank details changed a few weeks ago, so I updated my bank details on Upwork accordingly. Since then I had one clear payment go through on Upwork to Wise with the NEW account details. 

It's the second payment, one week after that, which has failed. To the same new bank details that succeeded the week before.

The mystery deepens.

Hi Ben and community, I'm worried as I've had the same issue, my payment hasn't come through my wise account and we're at Nov 7th, I requested the payment on the 2nd, is it something going on with Upwork or wise? As you mentioned, I requested one payment with that new account details wise provided and did go through normally. This is very concerning as I don't know where my funds are, whether on Upwork or wise.

benhiggs
Community Member

Please see help topic here, it's a huge issue last week with many people affected, from not receiving payments, to not even receiving confirmation of payment emails Solved: Upwork to Wise - Upwork Community

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members