🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal - Puerto Rico Bank
Page options
vicenquintero
Community Member

Withdrawal - Puerto Rico Bank

Hello, Upwork Community!

I was wondering if Puerto Rico banks were considered U.S. banks for withdrawals (ACH).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Vicente, 

You can add your Puerto Rican bank for the Direct to U.S. Bank (USD) payment method. Let us know if you go through any issues so our team can look into it for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Vicente,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We offer Direct to U.S. Bank payments through ACH for eligible clients and freelancers. ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, a network for electronic financial transactions that allows for transfers to any U.S. bank account.

Direct to U.S. Bank allows you to transfer your earnings on Upwork electronically to any U.S. bank account that is eligible to receive ACH transfers. That said, if you prefer using your local bank in Puerto Rico, the payment method will fall under Direct to Local Bank.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I cannot add payment methods under Direct to Local Banks, but rather USD wire transfers.

Puerto Rican banks can process payments through ACH. Can I add a Puerto Rican bank account to receive payments through ACH, or should I add the withdrawal method as a Wire Transfer (USD)?

Thanks.

Hi Vicente, 

You can add your Puerto Rican bank for the Direct to U.S. Bank (USD) payment method. Let us know if you go through any issues so our team can look into it for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
vicenquintero
Community Member

Thank you all. I added the payment method today.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members