🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Work history and feedback for possible fu...
Page options
jokicsrdjan
Community Member

Work history and feedback for possible future clients with no Upwork account

I have 5 completed projects and 1 in-progress. When you visit my profile (without being logged into Upwork), you will see that out of those 6 projects, only one of them is shown, which is usually fine. The trouble is that out of all the projects, the one that was chosen was the one where the client didn't leave any feedback. 

I don't see why this would be the case? I completed one job before that one, and I completed a few more jobs after it. Is it somehow possible to change which job is displayed to people that visit my profile without an Upwork account? 

Please refer to the attachment below to see the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

This is because clients choose a privacy setting for their job posts, job posts are set to either private (invite only) or "Upwork users only" or "public"

When you are hired the visibility of the contract on your profile is determined by the visibility of the original job post (Varun, it has nothing to do with the client's profile, clients do not have profiles, so that is obviously nonsense...)

So, contracts that were either invite only job posts or originated from job posts that were set to "Upwork users only" are not shown to viewers who are not logged into Upwork, instead there is a note that the freelancer has done more contracts, and which invites the visitor to log in or create an account.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
varungs
Community Member

It's possible that the clients who gave you those feedbacks have made their profiles private to non-Upwork users

Is it possible for me to check which clients have set their profile to private so I can verify this? 

petra_r
Community Member

This is because clients choose a privacy setting for their job posts, job posts are set to either private (invite only) or "Upwork users only" or "public"

When you are hired the visibility of the contract on your profile is determined by the visibility of the original job post (Varun, it has nothing to do with the client's profile, clients do not have profiles, so that is obviously nonsense...)

So, contracts that were either invite only job posts or originated from job posts that were set to "Upwork users only" are not shown to viewers who are not logged into Upwork, instead there is a note that the freelancer has done more contracts, and which invites the visitor to log in or create an account.

Thanks for the reply Petra. That actually makes sense. Is it possible to do anything about it now, after the contract has been completed? 

Srdjan J wrote:

Thanks for the reply Petra. That actually makes sense. Is it possible to do anything about it now, after the contract has been completed? 

No, but clients who are not Upwork clients and logged in can't hire you anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members