🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Working for Amazon Clients
Page options
habibkazi
Community Member

Working for Amazon Clients

Hi,

I am working with amazon clients. If there issues or restriction, when I log in from same IP and same computer for multiple amazon clients account.

Thanks, 

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

No. No problem doing that.

Upwork is not the I.P. address police.

And Upwork doesn't restrict how many clients you have.

Preston H wrote:

No. No problem doing that.

Upwork is not the I.P. address police.

And Upwork doesn't restrict how many clients you have.

You missed the point. Clearly Upwork couldn't know what Amazon accounts he logs into.

He is asking if there could be issues on Amazon, and the answer is "there may be" if Amazon notice unusual activity. What could happe is Amazon reaching out to the clients to find out if the access is authorised.

Petra: I actually wrote and posted a response telling him that he could be facing trouble for violating Amazon TOS, and I stated that his question was one we couldn't answer, because it is an Amazon question.

But when I re-read his post, I changed my mind about what he meant. I deleted my original response, and I replaced it with the current post you see.

I interpreted the original post in two different ways. You had a different interpretation. So clearly, at least for me, his meaning isn't completely clear.

To be clear, we can't provide authoritative information about Amazon policies and backend algorithms relating to accounts and IP addresses.

But we CAN say that as far as Upwork is concerned, Upwork allows a single freelancer to work for multiple freelancers, and it is fine to use a single computer and single IP address for doing so.

Also: Upwork does ask that its users don't violate Amazon TOS. But Upwork employees are not going to tell people about whether a specific situation constitutes a violation. Upwork will ask users to refer to Amazon for that information.

Preston H wrote:

To be clear, we can't provide authoritative information about Amazon policies and backend algorithms relating to accounts and IP addresses.

No, but considering it's actually happened to me, I know Amazon can and do check on unusual log-ins. (I've had access to various Upwork clients' Amazon accounts and Amazon checked the activity on more than one occasion)

The reason I believe that's what he means is that obviously Upwork would have no way of knowing what Amazon accounts he would access. So why would he ask if it's OK with Upwork when Upwork would never, ever know?

Good day, 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually my questions to members who are working with muitple Amazon Clents. It is ok to provide multiple tasks support for mutiple cleints from the same computers. 

Is there any issue with Amazon?

Is there additional steps I have to follow? 

Regards, 

dsmgdesign
Community Member

Yeah, I don't understand what Amazon has to do with Upwork. Are you logging into Upwork from the same IP address and same computer for multiple amazon client accounts? If so, why would this be necessary? 

re: "Are you logging into Upwork from the same IP address and same computer for multiple amazon client accounts? If so, why would this be necessary?"

Here is a possible interpretation:

"I have expertise in setting up merchant selling accounts with Amazon.com. I consult with clients who have technical questions about this topic. I use only one computer and one I.P. address. Sometimes I have multiple clients simultaneously. I consult with them via Zoom, I answer their questions via email, etc, all while logging time using the Upwork time-tracker tool. I am worried that I will get in trouble with Upwork because I am working with multiple Amazon clients at the same time."

Here is another interpretation:

"I work for clients who ask me to use Amazon.com merchant accounts. I work with more than one merchant account, uploading product lists and checking sales, orders, etc. I am worried that this may cause problems for me with Amazon, or with the clients I work for."

Here is another possible interpretation:

"I write product reviews and post them on Amazon.com, to help product reviews have better-reviews product postings. This can help with rankings and boost sales. Sometimes I post many reviews for the same product. I am only using one computer and one IP address. I am concerned that Amazon may have algorithms in place that check for this, because they are concerned about 'fake' reviews."

Preston H wrote:

re: "Are you logging into Upwork from the same IP address and same computer for multiple amazon client accounts? If so, why would this be necessary?"

Here is a possible interpretation:

"I have expertise in setting up merchant selling accounts with Amazon.com. I consult with clients who have technical questions about this topic. I use only one computer and one I.P. address. Sometimes I have multiple clients simultaneously. I consult with them via Zoom, I answer their questions via email, etc, all while logging time using the Upwork time-tracker tool. I am worried that I will get in trouble with Upwork because I am working with multiple Amazon clients at the same time."

Here is another interpretation:

"I work for clients who ask me to use Amazon.com merchant accounts. I work with more than one merchant account, uploading product lists and checking sales, orders, etc. I am worried that this may cause problems for me with Amazon, or with the clients I work for."

Here is another possible interpretation:

"I write product reviews and post them on Amazon.com, to help product reviews have better-reviews product postings. This can help with rankings and boost sales. Sometimes I post many reviews for the same product. I am only using one computer and one IP address. I am concerned that Amazon may have algorithms in place that check for this, because they are concerned about 'fake' reviews."

Another possible interpretation (which is how I read it)

"I am both a freelancer and a client. As a freelancer, I do work for multiple Amazon clients, and as a client I often subcontract work through Upwork on fixed-price jobs. Should I create a client account for each of the Amazon clients that I'm doing work for from the same computer and same IP address, and if so, is it an issue on Upwork to maintain mutiple client accounts?"

The answer as far as I know, is Yes! Yes, this would be an issue on Upwork. Individual users can not maintain more than one account. Individual users must only have one account, And, I can not undertand why it would be necessary to maintain an account for each Amazon client. 

Unless the OP clarifies, we could hypothesize all day long. 

Good day, 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually my questions to members who are working with muitple Amazon Clents. It is ok to provide multiple tasks support for mutiple cleints from the same computers. 

Is there any issue with Amazon?

Is there additional steps I have to follow? 

I am new in Upwork. So, I am trything to check on this issue. 

Regards, 

re: "Is there any issue with Amazon?"

This is not Amazon. Ask them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members