🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wrong account number
Page options
lailaoronce
Community Member

Wrong account number

Hello. I have entered my card number instead of account number. My bank is BDO. Will it still go through? If not, how can I request to cancel the transfer of payment and get a refund so I can transfer it to the correct one? Many thanks!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Laila,

Unfortunately we can't cancel a withdrawal once it's initiated. Rest assured, since the bank account is not correct, your funds will be reversed back to Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62

Hello! I also made two withdrawals using the wrong account number. It's been 7 days after I made the first withdrawal, and 6 days after the second one. Please help me track it. Thank you!

Hi Ross,

Those two withdrawals will return to your account once the transactions fail, which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. If after 8 business days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you. Our team can initiate traces on the 26th and 27th of July. Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I have the same problem as I input my card number instead of my account number. It's been 12 days now since I withdrew my previous payment but up until now it still isn't reversed back to my Upwork account. Please help

Hi Darlene,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, please help me with tracing the funds I've withdrawn last July 13 and July 14.

Hi Ross,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, Upwork customer support initiated a trace for my July 13 withdrawal but they didn't do so for my July 14 withdrawal. Please assist. Thank you!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ross,

I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Did your issue was resolve?

Hi, yes. It's been resolved. Thank you.

Hi!

I have the same problem as I input my card number instead of my account number. It's been 12 days now since I withdrew my previous payment but up until now it still isn't reversed back to my Upwork account. Please please help. Thank you

Hello, I have the same problem. I realize that I mistakenly input my card number instead of my account number. Please help.

Hi Shane,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Feel free to follow up on your ticket if you have further questions and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
canches
Community Member

How cn I get my earnings back when I withdrew it last week but my account number was wrong for I mistook my atm card number as the account number. I asked my local bank and they said there is no way they could process such transaction because the account number was incorrect. It certainly would get an error in the system. So my question is for Upwork can anybody tell me if there is a chance that I could get my earnings back?

petra_r
Community Member

Yes, it will eventually appear in your Upwork account again, after bouncing around the banking system for a while.

It will come back, but this may take a week or so, possibly longer.

e0602c4e
Community Member

I have the same problem. Instead of my Savings Account number, I put my Card number on Get Paid details. Now I don't know what to do to retrieve the money the client paid me. I need help.

Hi Jessie,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the money will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days.

~ Joanne
Upwork
410d4af5
Community Member

Hello,

I've mistakenly input my card number instead of my bank account number and today is the 7th working day that I withdrew the money from Upwork last 13th of October 2021. What best should I do? Can you help me trace my money and back it in Upwork?

Thank you so much, and have a nice day!

Best,

Dianne

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cassandra Isabel,

Petra is correct, your earlier transaction will be rejected by your bank and returned to your account balance in a week or two. In the meantime, please update your withdrawal method in order to successfully transfer the funds once they are available.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
jodavi
Community Member

how long did you get your payment back?

canches
Community Member

I got my money back after 2 weeks.
heroshi
Community Member

Did you got it 2weeks from the time you withdraw it or from the time your method of payment is updated? I also entered a wrong account number.
canches
Community Member

I got mine less than two weeks after the payment method was updated. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members