🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » unable to attach my card with upwork.
Page options
Samiullah S Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
Lata K Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Kindly help in resolving it.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Lata,

In this case, you may need to reach out to your card-issuing bank and ask them about the specific decline. If they confirm everything is ok on their end, you can get in touch with us again so we can assist you further. Alternatively, you can use any other of our available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Lata K Community Member

Hi,

From Banking side all is Ok but still getting error as below,

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing Bank

Kindly check and help.

Thanks

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Lata,

Thanks for following up on this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Abbas B Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

i contacted bank they said the issue is from site , there is no problem by bank.
Please solve this issue as soon as possible so that i can buy connects 
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
Abbas B Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

i contacted bank they said the issue is from site , there is no problem by bank.
Please solve this issue as soon as possible so that i can buy connects 
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
Abbas B Community Member

Thank You Sir,

I tried everything , i tried different browers , cleared cache , contacted and also visited to my bank branch they told me everything is fine International transaction is On. The issue is from site

I am really confused and need serious help

Naman B Community Member

I have american express credit card. I want to buy some connects. But my card is not accepted by upwork. I tried it many times but i unable to connect mt card with upwork.

Please fix this problem.

Thank You

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Naman,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please try adding your billing method first. Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Alamgir I Community Member

Hello, I feel a problem that I can not add my billing method as well as can not buy Upwork connects this is why I can not apply for job since I do not get enough Upwork connects so I want to buy connects for applying Upwork job, it would be better for me if I get this solution. I am adding a screenshot that I can see when I got to buy upwork paid connects. Thanks.

Hi Alamgir,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those?

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Syeda T Community Member

Hi!

Has your issue resolved? I am facing the same problem. I want to upgrade membership but payment is not processing.

tayyba_A
Piyush H Community Member

I trying a lot to buy a membership. But when ever I go to their, i got errors like, Is there have issues with this. Can I use my father's credit card for billing method?
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Piyush,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Everytime I got error. No one can reply on that.

Hello sir,
I trying alot with my card. But doesn't work. Is that any other may works.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Piyush,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Could you also share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end so that I can check this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Niranjan S Community Member

I am not able to buy connects please help Upwork

Hi Niranjan,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. You can also try adding an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Tina R Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to purchase more connects via mastercard, but it is not working it keeps saying "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method".  Also the balance in my bank account is sufficient for this purchase but it still isn't working! I have also tried to update, to clear cache and tried it in another browser. 

I would appreciate your help!

Hi Tina,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Abhishek K Community Member

Hey there,

Whenever I make payment for purchasing connects, I receive this reply, "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue."

I have tried thrice, but in vain. Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Please check the attached image for more clarification. I receive this message after making the payment.

Hi Abhishek,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing Connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members