🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Yes, I called them and get my account activated. I used 3 different cards and also those 3 cards on my brother's account but the same problem It deducts amount (Rs1) but then doesn't process payment.

I have tried at different times. I also tried activating ecom session via mobile app(multiple times). 

Hi Nouman,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No helpful contact, no replies, no issue solving, no email replies. no user-friendly customer support platform. Very disappointed with the service. I am providing better customer support on a dropshipping store website LolZ. If the customer is not happy with the product I say keep the product, get your cashback and I will give you a voucher so that you can buy anything for free cost from the website to compensate.

Upwork can hire me to improve their customer support. Such a big company, a big shame and a small issue.

Thank you for your feedback, Nouman, I will share it with our team.

Could you also confirm if you need help with something? If yes, please share more details with me here or via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shahzebkhanyusuf
Community Member

I'm buying the plus membership, but it says, "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". I dont know why. I have sufficient funds in my payoneer card. Instead of that, Iam facing this issue for the last 4 hours. Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Hi Shah,

Please try to upgrade to our Plus plan by adding a Billing Method and then changing your plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, yes I did the same. But it doesn't work for me.

hello! i am using my friends visa debit card for buying connects/memberhsip i added the card yesterday and the card was accepted but everytime i try to buy connects/membership it declines the payment.I contacted the bank and they say everything is ok on their side.everything is ok i cleared cache,tried it on a different browser but same result the card was accepted but payment declined.Is it beacause upwork take 3 days to verify everytime.Or is it beacause the billing adress i am adding to my upwork payment is not the same as on my debit card.

Hi Mian,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hey i cleared browser cache did everything u said several times but still it says

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

should i wait for 3 days beacause i added this billing method yesterday.

And when i try to add an alternative payment method it declines the whole card and says 

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

Please help i want to buy connects so much of my time is getting drained.

Hi Mian,

Once you`ve added a billing method you will need to enter the amounts of the 2 small charges in order to complete the verification. 
Once the verification is completed, you will be able to use your billing method to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks for replying!Can you please elaborate on that "you will need to enter the amounts of the 2 small charges in order to complete the verification."

Where should i put 2 small charges to complete the verification?i dont see any option like that.

And will it take three days for upwork to verify?

Hi Mian,

Just to confirm, did you check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

yes it is enabled.i have confirmed on everything on their side.is it take 3 days to verify?And why i cant add another payment method?it is rejecting my alternative payment method while everything is working and fine on both of my vias debit cards.

Hi Mian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
umar_shoaib1210
Community Member

hello! i am using my friends visa debit card for buying connects/memberhsip i added the card yesterday and the card was accepted but everytime i try to buy connects/membership it declines the payment.I contacted the bank and they say everything is ok on their side.everything is ok i cleared cache,tried it on a different browser but same result the card was accepted but payment declined.Is it beacause upwork take 3 days to verify everytime.Or is it beacause the billing adress i am adding to my upwork payment is not the same as on my debit card.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

arslan_safeer
Community Member

I am Using Bank Alfalah VISA debit card but evreytime when i add my billing method , The error comes up that "We are unable to authorize your card please contact the bank". I have contacted the bank several times , They have activated my session and they said no issue from their side.Please help me regarding this issue.

Thankyou.

Hi Arslan,

I checked and, unfortunately, it looks like the authorization is being declined by your card issuer/bank. We don't have any further information and you can either discuss this with your bank or attempt to use an alternative payment method to purchase connects. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Dear friend,

nadeemwaheed
Community Member

i want to buy connnects but I am facing this issue. I am trying to add payment method but it said payment deciled. I confirmed it with by bank but there is not any issue from their end. I have recived a message on my cell that Rs 1 debited (POS Txn at Upwork) tbut it is saying payment was declined. Please tell me, what is the issue ?Please help me.

Hi Nadeem,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

hamzappc
Community Member

i am trying to buy connects with my payoneer card but its not working.it showing error above.i tried to attach my local bank account it showed the same error.how to fix this ?

Hi Muhammad,

Please add one of our available Billing Methods and try to purchase connects. I would also suggest to check with your bank if the account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nabeelmuhamamd17
Community Member

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve the issue because i have to work. Due to this issue, I am wasting my time

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is it necessary to have my Own visa or master card or I use my cousin debit card to buy the connect  please guide me about this

Hi Muhammad,

You can use another person's debit card so long as you're authorized to use it to purchase connects. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nabeelmuhamamd17
Community Member

Facing Issue while buying connects through by master

Card. Kindly resolve the issue.i have to work and due to this issue i am wasting my time

Dear friend,

m_umar142
Community Member

Hi,

I want to buy connects but every time this error occure This issue is not from my bank side please tell anyone 

Dear friend,

m_umar142
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out but not able to resolve because i contact my bank but they said i already have international online payment session. how i can resolve this issue?

Dear friend,

Brother if you find any solution then please guide me to

muzammil_mirza
Community Member

Same issue is happening with me, I'm trying to buy connects with my brother HBL debit Mastercard then only thing that I can see is "Payment was declined", after that it says me to update payment information again. No proper reason provided who is declining my payment either it is bank or upwork. I've to buy connects.

Dear friend,

muzammil_mirza
Community Member

Same issue is happening with me, I'm trying to buy connects with my brother HBL debit Mastercard then only thing that I can see is "Payment was declined", after that it says me to update payment information again. No proper reason provided who is declining my payment either it is bank or upwork. I've to buy connects. Exactly the same issue that is happening with Amna and even the same country. Kindly resolve my issue

lian_paite
Community Member

I set up a billing account with my debit card. I am being charged $1, which is about 77INR. I would like to buy a connect. When buying, its says, payment failed. I am being charged for verification, but why is there a failed payment. I am to pay for connects. If it is my bank, then, why is the verification charge successful?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members