🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
musman021
Community Member

I am from Pakistan and trying to purchase connects from yesterday by Debit Card powered by VISA, but unable to complete the transaction.I talked to my bank (Muslim Commercial Bank, Pakistan) and activate the international payment but still no development. I am quite worried, as I am stuck to not to apply for the jobs

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sukhvir1993
Community Member

I am new on the Upwork platform. I am using 2 different cards ( Master card, Visa Card ) to add billing method but I can't that's why I am facing issue ( We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.) please solve it ASAP.

Hi Sukhvir,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jiggtalk
Community Member

Hello, i am new user and when i try to add payment method i face issue. i can not done. i try mastercard and paypal both so please help me.

Hi Sachin,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jiggtalk
Community Member

Ma'am i tried as per your suggetions even i got erro.

Hi Sachin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thannk You

zain-ul-bideen
Community Member

Can't buy connects from Pakistan using a visa card.
The payment method and billing has been verified already.

Please assist.

Hi Zain,

To learn more about our billing methods and how to add one check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My billing method has been verified, still, I can't seem to purchase connects. The article you referred wasn't much help in the matter.
Looking forward to your assistance.

Hi Zain,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The error I receive reads " Unable to process your payment".

Hi Zain,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the meantime you can also add another billing method if you have one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
chusama048
Community Member

I am new to upwork and want to start my freelance carrier but unfortunaltely i was not able to add my HBL master Card as a billing method to but the connects please help me 

Hi Muhammad,

Could you confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? And if you have checked with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i checked from bank its all clear from my side

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Every thing is fine from bank side

ishubss
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I have been trying to add both the card and Paypal to my billing methods but both of them fail. After I authorize Paypal successfully Upwork shows me add billing method page again with no account added. when I try to add my debit card, Upwork says cannot verify the card. I have cross-checked the issue by adding multiple cards but couldn't add any.

Please help me

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shubham,

Could you also check with your bank if your accounts are enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
fraz-muhammad
Community Member

Hi community, I am trying to buy the connects but payment is not processing in anyway. I call my service provider but they are saying the issue is in your upwork not in bank.

How Can I buy connects safely?

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined.  We suggest you contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow international payments on your credit card. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

I asked them multiple times and they are saying that everything is cleared from their side. Issue is with the upwork. This is what they told me.

Regards!

Hi Muhammad, 

You should be able to add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mkalsi025
Community Member

I'm having an issue adding a Rupay credit card to buy connects.

Please note that it is a valid credit card, not a debit or prepaid card but when I add the details I get an error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have spoken to my bank and have tried to add the card multiple times while being on the phone with them and they do not see any attempts being made to my card. They also let me know that they can't suggest anything since there is no attempt being made therefore there is no auth ID or error message that they receive.

Please Help!

Thanks!

Manmeet Singh

Hi Manmeet,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sekiawebdesign
Community Member

I am a freelancer I am trying to link my upwork account with Paypal. It is asking me to add credit card details but I have a debit card, not a credit card. I have tried to set up the same card on upwork and not working. (card has enough balance)

Note: The card is working with Paypal(I have added bank and card on Paypal)

How will I set up the payment? Is there a way?

Thank You

Hi Priyanka,

At the moment I would suggest to try and connect a credit card to your PayPal wallet and then to try to add your PayPal as a billing method. 
To learn more about our accepted Billing methods check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't have a credit card. What can I do?

Hi Priyanka,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
swapnil28
Community Member

I want to purchase connects. However, I am not able to do so as it issues me card authorization error. I have attached the screenshot for the same. Help needed ASAP !!

tempsnip.jpg

Hi Swapnil,

Please try to add another billing method on your profile and I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
talhaabdullah83
Community Member

I am trying to add my master card at billing method but it respond invalid card number.
i have call to my bank help center they told me request is generated at their end .

Hi Talha,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i am tring to do it again but it is still showing same error
your card number is invalid
i have call to my bank service center they are saying request is generating
at their end but problem is at upwork site

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

i have tried it on another browser but facing same problem 

also conact to my bank account they are saying everything is perfect their end 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members