🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Talha,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

ok i am waiting kindly resolve my problem please as soon as possible

Hi Talha,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already have a ticket regarding this issue, and one of our team members has already provided you more information. Please follow the information they shared with you on the ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Mam,

i have already follow the steps that they told me but all in vein. 
getting same error multoiple time.
i have mastercard debit.

Help me please ,
Thanks

Hi Talha,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
asifmalik99
Community Member

helo, i saved payment method successfuly but when i try to purchase connects payment declined. i tried again and again but same problem. plz detail how i get connects first time and how much pay 

Hi Muhammad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You may also want to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

irfan_mukhtiar
Community Member

Hi All,

I have attached my bank account with upwrok, All the Credit Card related data is entered correctly,And also my bank account international billing is enabled,I also contacted with bank, they are saying your internationl billing is enabled and your international billing request is showing.

But when I try to buy connects then error appears

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

can you please help me please?

I have found no way to chat with upwork agent, so It will be your kindness to help me here.

Thanks and Regards

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for getting back to me, I am waiting for your team member to reach me.

johnson_jnr
Community Member

I get this error when trying to purchase connects. I have made a purchase using my credit card before, though I had the same problem but it was successful after trying multiple times. Now i'm getting the same error again: "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Kindly help, thanks!

Hi Johnson,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Still getting error
sharmashalini16
Community Member

Greetings.

Hi I've joined the Upwork as freelancer and now I am trying to buy connects after adding my billing method details now i am getting error. "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later"

Please help me to fix this Due to Covid 19 pandemic, I lost my job and there is only using upwork i can earn some.

Regards

Hi Shalini,

I checked this account that you used to post in the community, and it looks like this account is not suspended. Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share the account you're referring to so I can check? Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Greetings.
Thanks for your email, Actually my account was not suspended, I've another
issue like when I've added my Card as billing method but when i am trying
to purchase Connects,
I got error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an
alternate payment method
or retry again later."
Please help me to fix it.
Regards

Hi Shalini,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

Hi, Can i buy connects using my Brother or Friend Debit card is it possible
?
Does it Violate the Upwork Policy ?
Regards

Hi Shalini,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
malkeet4542
Community Member

I want to upgrade my account to Plus membership. When I'm trying to add my debit MasterCard for billing method it is not allowing me to add. I am getting an error message "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".
I already using this debit MasterCard for online transactions. It is working fine for other websites but not able to add with Upwork. Could you please help me to fix this issue? I want to add my debit card as a billing method.
Looking forward to your support.
Thanks in Advance.
Malkeet Singh

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Malkeet,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You may also want to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I contacted the bank as well, they said there is no issue from our side and It is an International Debit Card and you are already using it for online transactions.
I'm getting issues only with Upwork while adding my billing method. Kindly please help to fix this issue.

Thanks. 
Malkeet Singh

Hi Malkeet, and Fouad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
danishthe
Community Member

Dear team

I am unable to buy connects with VISA debit card its showing error message as "payment could not be processed". I spoke with my bank also and they told me that there is no issue from their side. 

Regards

Danish 

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
farefeen
Community Member

I want to by connects . But recntly i don't have any workable card with which i can continue. Can i buy it from another cardholder who is also a member of upwork ?

Hello Fahad,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, our team will notify you directly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
osamapadela
Community Member

To buy connects, I tried to add a billing method for which my debit card(mastercard) was declined on the basis of invalid number. However my card is avtivated and valid.

Hi Osama,

I'm sorry to hear about this. You can try adding your card again and if that doesn't help, contact the bank for more information. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rajnishkumarji
Community Member

I am Facing the same problem 

I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later"

I have tried 5 times but I got the everytime same message.

I have tried both with the Visa card and the PayPal option but both are not working

PLease solve the problem

nisarg21
Community Member

Hello,

I want to buy connects but I am not able to pay through my MasterCard debit card or with Paypal although I have the same email ids in the Paypal account and Upwork account. 

I get "Payment was declined." when I try to pay with a debit card and "Charge failed" when done with Paypal. My debit card is working on every other site and I am not sure about the issue when using that in Upwork.

Please help me solve this asap.

Thanks.

Hi Nisarg,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

nandinisharma16
Community Member

Hello Team

I want to buy more connects but I am not able to buy as I am facing issue with my payment method. I have added a valid card but when I start making payment, it gets declined. How can i resolve it, please help me.

Thanks and Regards

Nandini 

Hi Nandini,

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm why transactions on your debit card were declined. You can try to add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fb805bbc
Community Member

I'm trying to buy connects. I add in my payment information in the "add billiing method" window". The section goes blank. I don't receive a payment confirmation.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roj,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
customaniac
Community Member

Why should I add a card if I want to pay through PayPal account?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members