🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
gerrythegenius
Community Member

I tried buying connects, the payment didn't go through and I was debited.

Hi Gerry,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
edwin555
Community Member

Every time I try to buy connects I am instructed that that billing method failed. The first time this happened I decided to add my debit card. Initially, I used to use Paypal and it was just fine. When Paypal failed I added a debit card and it worked fine that day. Today I am trying to but connects and I am getting the same error again. I'm just wondering what could be the issue. I have updated the debit card several times but the purchase is still failing.

Hi Washingtone,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bakhtyar17
Community Member

Hi I am using a debit visa card for purchasing connects. Billing method got successful also i got debited PKR 1.00 for verification buy upwork but when i click on Buy connects then it says your payment could not be proceed where as my billing method was successfully added and  i got debited PKR 1.00 for verification. I also have an international shopping option On on my debit card and I also asked the bank about the problem. They say everything is clear from our side you must contact upwork about so at the end i came here to know what should i do if everything is ok from the bank side but it still doesn't work why?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bakhtyar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mohsin_amar
Community Member

Trying to buy connects but payment is being declined. Have used the same card on other websites and it works fine

Update: The funds have been deducted from my account but connects have not been given as per the purchase

Hi Mohsin,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Any idea as to why the funds got deducted when the payment was declined.

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

ahmad_ale
Community Member

I am trying to add card in billing method after i enter all details when i try to confirm it it says this error "

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Help me i dont knw what to do

Hi Ahmad,

Please check with your bank account if your account is enabled for international charges or add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

yes i is enabled

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

uike-vashu
Community Member

Hi, I also need help to purchase connects from india 

i am having trouble buying a membership 

infi_soft
Community Member

I also facing the same issue and not able to subscribe monthly plan as well

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vashu and Jignesh,

Options available to you vary based on your location, but you can check and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships and purchasing connects here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
imibha
Community Member

Hello! I have tried adding billing method multiple times but it is not processing the payment, at the same time upwork deducting Rs.1 from my same account. I need the solution.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imran,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

You can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
amitshuklabag
Community Member

I want to buy connects but unable to buy due to payment failure I tried credit card and PayPal both but both payment methods are failed I test my credit card and PayPal payment for another source international transaction and it's working so why it does not work with your site I contact with the bank also and they told me to the problem from receiver side means you, not from a bank.

Hi Amit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with  purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yea please let me I'm facing this issue from 13th July I connect with you
that time and PayPal now my all issued is fixed they told me the issue from
your upwork not from their side. So please help me to fix this issue .
cf33b68c
Community Member

Hi guys,

I've been trying to buy more connects, but the payment doesn't go through. The screen just turns blank and nothing happens. Do you have a solution?

Hi Mads,

I would suggest to try clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to purchase connets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

mkreative
Community Member

Dear concerned people,

I am using a Visa card and the international transaction is "ON" on my card. But upward is declining my payment. I have tried several times but the issue is not resolved. 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

why this error come in my screen when i purchase the bids can you please tell me how can i solve this 
thanks

Hi Manoj,

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
edd28efb
Community Member

How can make payment my card is not eligible right now or i want to purchase more connects so please someone can help me out on these

Hi Sohail,

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
gangwanirahul
Community Member

hi there, i am also getting the same issue with my mastercard debit card and i am unable to buy more connects

NikolaS

Hi Rahul,

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
pdongarsane
Community Member

This error always pops up. Please help

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Dongarsane

There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance. You can read more about this here. You may want to talk to PayPal about what type of payment method can be added to your PayPal wallet. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
reazrenku
Community Member

Can someone use two different freelancer account from the same IP address? Actually, all of my "connects" finished & I didn't realize too much. Since I am new to Upwork, that's why I don't know about this. I want to buy "connects" using my friend's Payoneer Master Card. So is it possible to do it? At the of buying "connects" my friend's Upwork account and my Upwork account will show at the same IP address. For my concern, please let me know that is it breaks UpWorks any rules? Or would we get banned from Upwork? Please let me know this as soon as possible, and I am worried about this.

MD Shahareaj I wrote:

Can someone use two different freelancer account from the same IP address? Actually, all of my "connects" finished & I didn't realize too much. Since I am new to Upwork, that's why I don't know about this. I want to buy "connects" using my friend's Payoneer Master Card. So is it possible to do it? At the of buying "connects" my friend's Upwork account and my Upwork account will show at the same IP address. For my concern, please let me know that is it breaks UpWorks any rules? Or would we get banned from Upwork? Please let me know this as soon as possible, and I am worried about this.

People in the same household can both have Upwork accounts. I am unsuring of using someone else's card to purchase connects. I think a moderator needs to weigh in on that. But theoretically, two people can have accounts in the same household, and as long as they have distinct accounts with distinct log-ins and profiles then you would not get banned for that alone. If you are sharing an account, or sharing your account information, yes, you may get banned. 

I hope a mod comes along to answer the question of the payoneer card. 

I hope I will get the best solution from mod and thanks for your reply.

Hi MD Shahareaj,

While it is not a problem to share the same IP address with more users it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS to share your login credentials with anybody and log into other users' accounts.

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account and use for purchasing connects. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members