🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Thank you very much, Nikola.

Btw I just forgot to ask you a question, Can I buy connects using Eastern Bank Limited's "AQUA Card"? This a dual currency Bangladeshi Card and have USD and BDT both parts.

Hi MD Shahareaj,

Feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fulltodesign
Community Member

I am from India and have a SBI master card with the active international transactions. I want to buy Connects but all time I get failed. Please resolve this issue.

I  have entered all the correct information and have enough balance in my bank account. Also, I had visited the bank to talk about it but they said everything is fine on their side.

Hi Basit Ahsan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
swatichawla02
Community Member

Hi,
I'm getting the same issue anyone knows how to resolve it.

Hi Swati,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for the quick response and yes mine issue is resolved but
now error occurred from up work and message was we can't complete your
request now.
Please try again later.
Error 500(A)
Thanks

Hi Swati,

Please refer to this ticket where our agent already provided instructions on how to resolve your concern.

Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
emilyguo
Community Member

Hi,

Why I simply couldn't make the payment with my Paypal?I'm confused.

Hi Yunyao,

Could you please confirm what you`re trying to pay for and if you`re receiving any errors on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm trying to buy connects,but here it goes like this 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yunyao,

Please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. Feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much,the paypal problem solved,but when I try to pay for the second time,I was told

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Why is it?The problem is I have no alternate method.

Hi Yunyao,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
naeemtufail
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to buy connects on upwork but it is saying unable to authorize your card, Pease tell me what is this issue. My card is active and i am using it on other platforms.

Best Regards

Naeem Tufail

Hi Naeem,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandr,

Thanks for answering my question, I reached out to my bank they activate my card for online transaction , But still i am unable to buy connects. It is saying unable to authorize card.I left freelancing 6 months ago but now i want to start again,and also my upwork account balance is automatically transfered to my bank account some time ago. I have zero balance in upwork account and 1 connect available only.

I am just waiting for someone to help me So i could buy connects and start again.

Thanks Please guide ASAP

Regards

Naeem Tufail

Hi Naeem,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ranabhatshreek32
Community Member

Hi Shreekrishna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you receiving any errors while trying to purchase Connects? Please send us more information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
iyer-ramesh
Community Member

i have added my debit card details and it was vertified also . still i am unable to buy connects.

whenever i am trying to buy connects it appears try alternate payment method.

Please guide me on urgent basis.

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to purchase connects with another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Adam,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. You can't use your Paypal balance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Starting to get silly - just trying to get some credits.

Entered my CC info and it says

Please enter "Card Number".
Month is required.

Year is required.

Please enter "Security Code".

All this information is entered....

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
akathekid
Community Member

can I then use my paypal balance to buy credits?

akathekid
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to buy some connects with PayPal using my PayPal balance but it tells me I need to pay with a my bank account?  Why can't I pay with PayPal balance?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
akathekid
Community Member

Same issue. When I go to set that up it only asks for my bank account payment option info on paypal. Not my paypal account balance for payment.

Hi Adam,

To add Paypal as your billing method on Upwork, you will need to link your Paypal account to either a credit card or a bank account. You can read this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bhatti-tayab
Community Member

Hello Upwork

I want to buy Upwork connects when I'm going to set up billing credentials it show error " Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Also, I received a message from my bank that Upwork deducts some cents from your account. I want to know why you deduct cents from my account? Also, the billing method not processed it showing error again and again. When there is no fee during adding billing method so why you deduct some cents from my account? 

Hi Tayab,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks alex

sir i am facing this issues when i try to enter my bank details for buying connects  Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imran,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gul-imran
Community Member

i have tried but still not working
srijit_dev
Community Member

I am trying to add a Billing method to Upwork to buy more connects. I keep on getting this message

Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page. (I am trying to add a payment card as I dont use PayPal that much)

I have cleared cache and cookies, used private browsing, and also tried other browsers, but this message keeps on coming.

Please try to give me a fix asap.

Thanks!

Hi Srijit,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sabrhina
Community Member

Hi, 

I have been facing a problem. I can't upgrade to freelancer plus. Is there any way I can talk to an Upwork person who can give a solution? I can't talk to bot about this issue. I really need some help! 

Thank you. 

Regards,

Sabrina

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members