🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
abad_dr
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects. I have my brother's debit card?

Hi Abadullah,

Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to add the credit card?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abad_dr
Community Member

No
abad_dr
Community Member

no , i have tried multiple cards .card is added but i am unable to buy connects.

Abadullah,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket for further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
toniademoye
Community Member

Hello

Please I am trying to buy more connects on Upwork and I keep getting an error message that says my payment could not be processed.

I have sufficient funds in my card and my card is active so I do not understand what is going on.

Hi Sophie,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

ambrea20
Community Member

I am trying to purchase connects, but when I go on thne drop down menu for how many connects I'd like to purchase it doesnt give me options.

Do you have a verified payment method on file? If you are a FL only (no client account) and have not spent money here before, that might be the issue. (UW doesn't always make it clear what the obstacle is.)

I do have a verified payment method and also I had this issue before while
trying to purchase connects.

Hi Ambrea,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4c7b73e8
Community Member

Hi 

I'm having an issue in purchasing connects. My Visa card billing method is saved in Upwork account but whenever I tried to purchase connects my transaction could not happen. Please solve this issue.

Thank You

Ali Ahmed Khan

Hi Ali Ahmed,

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a64448a3
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue. I used this account to get my payments but when I try to purchase connects error prompt up .We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and it looks like the bank has declined the transaction. I recommend that you contact your bank and ask them about the specific charge decline. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nitinkhanna133
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue, Please check

Hi Nitin,

Please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. Feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Customer,
This is to notify you that a Purchase transaction has been initiated on 01-SEP-2020 12:41 with the following details.
From
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Credit Card

Amount

To

Hi RAD, and BARMAN,

RAD, I checked and it seems that the transaction you are referring to is a subscription renewal charge for your Freelancer Plus membership. Let us know if you need help with anything.

BARMAN, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fc57535e
Community Member

I would like to purchase a connect but i had tried it with my card but my card is not able to pay and I have also submitted for new card but not getting yet from bank so can you please help me to purchase it and also my PayPal is not working as well

Hi Mustufa,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. I would also recommend checking with your bank if your account/s is enabled for international charges as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b087cd31
Community Member

i am also not able to pay through visa or mastercard or paypal. i tried all three but payment is not being processed.

Kindly help

Hi Jaynil,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jilani_faiz
Community Member

I'm trying to buy connects using Bank Alfalah Visa Debit card but its showing below error.

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Anyone can help with this?
Thank you

Hi Hafiz,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar, I have already contacted them and they are saying that everything is fine on their side and my Visa Debit Card is enabled for online and global transactions. Please advise. Thank you!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hafiz Muhammad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b087cd31
Community Member

I want to buy connects. i have tried several mastercard and visa card. But its showing bad request and someimes Upwork can't authicate cards. I have confirmed with banks that my all cards are active and working.

If this is the way how upwork work than they will loose clients and freelancers.

Kindly help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaynil,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
designer760
Community Member

I am unable to add billing method to buy connects. There is only option of paypal but in my country paypal is not working.Please help

Hi Usama,

I checked and you should have an option to add a credit or debit card as well. You can see all the available options to you on this page and please, check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

On that page I have only the paypal option.Credit debit card option is not
showing and showing error that this critical page is not available.

Hi Usama,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jilani_faiz
Community Member

Due to International Transaction, I was trying to add different Debit cards as there was some issues with my issuing bank.

But now I'm getting below error while trying to add the billing method.

"You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a payment card."

Hi Hafiz,

I checked and it seems that our team already replied to your support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
carloslobo28
Community Member

Hello, I'm having a hard time trying to purchase connects, my new alternative is Mercado Pago Mastercad prepaid card, I'm from Argentina. Let me know if I will be able to purchase with it?

Hi Carlos,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance. You can read more about this here. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

0768cd7a
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I am new to upwork.

I face this error when i try to attach my card for billing

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

kindly assist.

Regards

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members