🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment method has been disabled
Page options
arslanali800
Community Member

Your payment method has been disabled

Hi Upwork Support, 

Last week I've made a transfer (Direct to Local Bank) from my Upwork account to my verified payment method, however, I now got a notification/email from Upwork.

" Your payment method has been disabled. Please visit the payment methods page to edit your payment methods and re-enable your schedule."

I've used the same bank account multiple times and payment had been successful. Can you please let me know how can I resolve this issue?

PS! Couple of days ago I had disabled my debit card online shopping option, as I have not been using it for online purchases. Is this might be a possible reason? If this is the case can I use my same bank account for withdrawn funds from upwork If I enable the debit card online shopping option?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Thanks!

Arslan Ali

21 REPLIES 21
AndreaG

Hi Arslan,

Could you please go to Settings > Get Paid and double-check that your Direct to Local Bank payment method information is correct? It looks like there was an update in the information provided that caused your payment method to be disabled. You can do this by clicking on the three dots button and selecting Edit. After editing, please click Re-enable to see if the issue persists and let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

Thanks for your brisk response. I'll check the payment anyway, however, I infact never update my payment information, though the only thing I had updated weeks ago is disabled my debit card online shopping option because I was not using it. Nonetheless, I'll enable it again and check with what you had advised.

Thanks for your help!

Arslan Ali 

But i tried edi the information and now it is saying, we need check some identity information even though i have used the same payment method multiple times to trabsfer money.

Hi Anil,

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c0b10886
Community Member

hey andrea i have the same issue and with each time i renable paypay and try to withdraw money to it ..the send me (your payment method is disabled ) and this applies to all payment methods that i have kindly assist 

gromova_kamila
Community Member

same problem

I can't get paid to my Paypal.

Hi Kamila,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
65b735a0
Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem, upwork keeps refusing my paypal account even though my PayPal account is verified please help me 

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
c3ad4b4b
Community Member

Same, can't get my funds out to PayPal. 

Hi Pavlik,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
44f469bd
Community Member

Hello! I can't get the money to my PayPal account

Hi Alexeii,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
qaraken01
Community Member

i also have same issue. I've been paid, but I can't get paid.

i tried to get paid several times but then my payment method has been disabled

Hi Amanlik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Same issue with me, I have been using the same bank settings for withdrawals, but it is not happening. Please resolve my issue as well. Thanks

Hello,

Upwork is showing a message that my payment method is disabled. would you like to help me in it

Hi Asbabanu,

I checked, and it looks like your withdrawals are being rejected. If you haven't already, would you please contact your financial institution to see if there's an issue on their end that's preventing you from withdrawing your funds? Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists after you've done that so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rebeccakirungi
Community Member

Hello,

My payment has been disabled as well.

Please assist.

Thank you.

Hi Rebecca,

I've checked your transactions and confirmed that the funds were rejected by your bank. If you haven't already, could you please contact your financial institution to see if there's an issue on their end that's preventing you from withdrawing your funds? Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists afterward, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
37e25d8e
Community Member

Hii Can any of the moderators help me regarding my withdraw made on 17th April 2024 , i can't seem to get an update regarding it. please help me!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members