🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your profile name change was denied
Page options
sakthi_u
Community Member

Your profile name change was denied

When i tried to change my upwork profile name. I am getting this Your profile name change was denied.

Can someone help me how i can change to match with my bank account name.

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Sakthikumaran,

Your profile name needs to follow our profile name guidelines, which allows for some name variations, e.g., “Jim” vs. “James,” “Vlad” vs. “Vladimir,” or “Manny” vs. “Manuel.” Business names other than your own name, numbers, symbols, profanity, and hate speech are not permitted.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I do have the same problem can you please help me regarding this. As this is very urgent matter

Hi At,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If I am using my business name then?

Hi At,

If you would like to represent a company or work as a team you will need to open an agency profile. The name on your freelancer profile needs to be your full legal name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Want to represent company but not a team so should I close this account and
open an agency account?

Hi At,

You will simply need to go to Settings > Contact Info > and click on "Create a New Account" so that you can open an agency profile. 
To learn more about agencies, check out our resources here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

At S wrote:
Want to represent company but not a team so should I close this account and
open an agency account?

That's not how it works. Your profile must be in your own, real legal name, as it appears in your ID documents.

If you want an agency (which costs $20 per month plus connects) you have to add that agency to your freelancer account. The people who will be doing work for clients have to create their Upwork profiles and get added to the agency.

The agency can be about the business, your profile must not, it must be about you and you alone.

Ok thanks one more doubt about that... my legal name is Srushti Agrawal and
my bank account name is ATS THREE then what should I do?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members