🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » about jobpost
Page options
Rommel P Community Member

about jobpost

I noticed that there are clients who post jobs and does not hire and leave their jobpost dormant for a long while sometimes for almost a month as freelancers we do submit paid connects per proposals for this jobpost.

4 REPLIES 4
Jim G Community Member

So, you propose that Upwork forces the client to hire someone once they've posted a job? That'd be bad for the client - being locked into something before even starting a contract, bad for the Freelancer - who would bear the brunt of a disgruntled client no matter how good of a job they do, and bad for Upwork.

This can easily be solved by being more selective with which jobs you apply for. If they have no history, I wouldn't apply. Nobody is forcing you to apply for every single job you see, be as picky with your clients as clients are with freelancers.

Rommel P Community Member

for me if its already one month dormant the client should closed it or repost a new job i thought this jobpost expires if its dormant for a long time. 

Petra R Community Member

Rommel P wrote:

for me if its already one month dormant the client should closed it or repost a new job i thought this jobpost expires if its dormant for a long time. 

They usually expire after 30 days of inactivity. I would strongly suggest you send proposals and then forget about the job post. Unless or until a client contacts you, you're not hired and the job post gives you no useful information. It's a waste of your valuable time to keep checking them.

You don't get connects back when they expire, so you might as well just forget them.

Petra R Community Member

Rommel P wrote:

I noticed that there are clients who post jobs and does not hire and leave their jobpost dormant for a long while sometimes for almost a month as freelancers we do submit paid connects per proposals for this jobpost.

Correct.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members