🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » about jobpost
Page options
rommelponferrada
Community Member

about jobpost

I noticed that there are clients who post jobs and does not hire and leave their jobpost dormant for a long while sometimes for almost a month as freelancers we do submit paid connects per proposals for this jobpost.

4 REPLIES 4
836408d7
Community Member

So, you propose that Upwork forces the client to hire someone once they've posted a job? That'd be bad for the client - being locked into something before even starting a contract, bad for the Freelancer - who would bear the brunt of a disgruntled client no matter how good of a job they do, and bad for Upwork.

This can easily be solved by being more selective with which jobs you apply for. If they have no history, I wouldn't apply. Nobody is forcing you to apply for every single job you see, be as picky with your clients as clients are with freelancers.

for me if its already one month dormant the client should closed it or repost a new job i thought this jobpost expires if its dormant for a long time. 

Rommel P wrote:

for me if its already one month dormant the client should closed it or repost a new job i thought this jobpost expires if its dormant for a long time. 

They usually expire after 30 days of inactivity. I would strongly suggest you send proposals and then forget about the job post. Unless or until a client contacts you, you're not hired and the job post gives you no useful information. It's a waste of your valuable time to keep checking them.

You don't get connects back when they expire, so you might as well just forget them.

petra_r
Community Member

Rommel P wrote:

I noticed that there are clients who post jobs and does not hire and leave their jobpost dormant for a long while sometimes for almost a month as freelancers we do submit paid connects per proposals for this jobpost.

Correct.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members